I’m going to go out on a limb and say that for the sequel to his breakthrough hit “The Raid,” director Gareth Evans (not to be confused with monster directing guy Gareth Edwards) is going for twice the breaking bones and bodycount. Of course, I could be wrong, but if you’ve seen the trailers for the sequel, I think I’m pretty safe in this assumption. “The Raid: Berandal” is getting its premiere next month, and there’s even a Hollywood remake on the horizon with Evans remaining on as producer. But why wait for the remake when the original is already so badass, and the sequel looks to be equally badass?

Check out new images from said sequel below, check it outers.

THE RAID 2 picks up right where the first film left off and follows Rama (Iko Uwais) as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force. His mission is to get close to a new mob boss, Bangun, by befriending his incarcerated son, Uco. Rama must hunt for information linking Bangun with corruption in the Jakarta Police Department while pursuing a dangerous and personal vendetta that threatens to consume him and bring his mission–and the organized crime syndicate–down around him.

Starring Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian, Raiden Integra, Donny Alamsyah, Kazuki Kitamura, Tio Pakusodewo, Julie Estelle, Ryûhei Matsuda, Arifin Putra, and Ken’ichi Endô.

Knocking teeth this March 28th.

http://cms.springboard.gorillanation...o/865505/0/0/1