I am not as talented as ingress is at writing these. So here we go:

As of right now:

The upload rules are to be followed: No more upscale Chinese TV Movies, no more youtube rips, no more uploads that are not in the proper container, no more non-deinterlaced tv rips off a VHS tape. Yes, that means any WEB-DLs that are in MP4 containers are not allowed unless for the exceptions in the rules. If you can upload the mp4, then you can download mkvtoolnix and put it in the right container!

If you want to upload a VHS Tape rip, then please write a forum post and get staff approval for it, there has to be a VALID reason why we're allowing content like this. Laserdisc / VHS Tape rip if it is the only source available is an exception worth considering. However, not for some propaganda tape from 1948.

PTP is about QUALITY not QUANTITY. There are lots of places for these low grade encodes. Such as Usenet, YouTube, TorrentLeech, etc.

Regarding WEB-DL / WEBRip / Remux trumps.

Commentary is a reason for a trump. If someone has a commentary and they add it to a remux then their remux is superior and it is allowed. Adding Audio Description is not a reason for a trump, adding named chapters is not a reason for a trump, however, if the original remux has -no- chapters, and you add chapters that is a reason for a trump.

Now, with WEB-DL / WEBRip: WEBRips are in fact encodes and should be treated with the same respect that we do an encode off a Blu-ray. An encoder went into a lot of effort for that, and for someone to just add commentary to someone elses hard work and claim it as their own is totally not acceptable, this will result in a warning from me (or whomever is checking the torrent).

As far as WEB-DL goes, someone spent money on that. If it is ripped by the uploader and a commentary becomes available, and someone uploads and trumps the original rippers by adding the commentary - and the original uploader calls foul, we have to respect that and give the original uploader the opportunity to upload the commentarized web-dl. If the original uploader doesn't care, then by all means upload it. I think of WEB-DLs the same as Blu-rays - they are sources. I am working with the developers about creating the distinction between the two in the upload field and removing the 'WEB' category.

Finally, I would like to welcome:

seTAtlord, Psychical and ServusDei to the Torrent Moderator team!