First of all, the Sr Staff would like to apologize for some of our members being dragged into this unfortunate situation.

We have promised you all that we would be as open as possible with the current situation at hand. With that being said, it has come to our attention that the old owner is sending emails to some members that the Sr Staff believes to have malicious intentions for the site.

We definitely did not want any mud slinging or conflict and have tried to keep it as much between the old owner and the Snr Staff as possible... Unfortunately the old owner completely refused to speak to us, or deal with us in any way. We gave multiple chances and only after multiple requests and finally an ultimatum, did we decide it was best for the site if their access was disabled.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SECURITY BREACH! WE BELIEVE ALL EMAILS THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT TO ARE EMAILS THAT THE OLD OWNER HAD SAVED BEFORE BEING REMOVED FROM THE SITE!!!

In the interest of being as open as possible this is the email that is being sent out (please note all names have been removed):

Heya

You know me, I've always been there for the people and for my friends!
You also know me as the previous owner of MyAm.
I've made THE biggest mistake in my life with trusting the site in the wrong hands earlier last year/this year.
They're destroying it, current owners.

A few weeks ago they cut me off from the database, from the server and demoted me on the site. Then they banned me in IRC aswell. I couldn't PM anyone on the site, they had restricted that aswell. A few days ago they disabled my account and banned my IP adress aswell.

As of a few weeks ago they cancelled all seedboxes that was providing good material for the site, they have also cancelled all direct download services + usenet accounts we've had since the start where we got the stuff from. They're ONLY paying for the site server atm, and pocketing all the rest!!!!!!!!!!
So do NOT send money to them now!!!

Then they're reading all site PMs and what people do.

The changes that they have planned and have done is and will destroy the site
I'm sooo dissapointed I felt I could trust them

I know a lot of Mice are currently moving homes to a different site
Wanna know more, please ask.

Do you happen to have skype? (Free Skype internet calls and cheap calls to phones online - Skype)
If so what's your username there please, I can add ya and we can chat more there direct.

Please don't share this above info anywhere on site or to anyone yet..
If you wanna know more - I could give you a FREE call and I will answer all your questions or just e-mail me back if anything!

Hope you're well and good!
Take Care

For all of your own peace of mind, an explanation:

The seedboxes we "cancelled": The new owner paid for the seedboxes last month using site monies they had collected in the middle of April (the old owner still has all backup monies and everything collected before the 30th April, including all monies collected from the donation runs that were run up until April).

The old owner refused to hand over control or access to those seedboxes (they insisted on complete control). We could never cancel them officially as we have never had admin access to the seedboxes... We just refused to pay again this month for something that we could not use for the site's benefit. We have since then purchased our own seedboxes and have now recruited a few members of staff who use it to assist seeding slow torrents, upload new material and find dead torrents ensuring they stay alive for you our members until they pick up again.

We have of course had to find a home for our new IRC and that is run off of a server as well.

The usenet account and other direct download sites are in the same situation. We paid for them and again, the old owner refused to give over access to any of the ones we didn't have control of, we either canceled payment or removed their access... We still have these services for the site and pay for them, the only difference is that we now have a team of staff using them to assist site content instead of using them for personal downloads or seeding purposes other than that of the site's benefit.

As for reading peoples pm's, we have absolutely no interest of going through peoples private pm's, and have no idea why anyone would. Besides that the logistics of actually going into the database and searching for pm's would be a full time job for a team of people. Please remember we have over 70 000 registered members... We wouldn't even know where to start...

Again we are sorry that you all have been dragged into this situation and have tried to keep where it belonged, between the old owner and the Snr Staff. Unfortunately, the old owner did not have the same intentions as the Snr Staff of MyAM did. We intended to make the transition as smooth as possible and keep most of it away from disrupting the site and our wonderful members.

We hope that we have at least put your mind to rest!! And please don't hesitate to contact the staff either via pm or the staff box if there is anything you need or anything else you wish to know!!

In the case of being as open as possible with our members we have also started a forum post where you will be able to read this pm or comment. You can find this post HERE

Sincerest apologies

MyAM STAFF