Hi everyone!

Ok, the implementation of our new download system raised a lot of confusion the past few days and the high price per MB certainly added to that. So let me hereby explain what will happen and what happened.

First of all, the site is going ratioless. It means that the ammount you upload won't be compared to the amount you downloaded anymore. Those numbers will still be visable but that is only for your amusement and maybe for us to determine userclasses. But if we use it for that, it will only bbe the upload ammount that counts. We strongly believe that this will open up some doors for less fortunate downloaders on the sites, mainly those that don't use seedboxes. But.... nothing comes without a cost in this world. We are however introducing a system with download credits. It is equal to the luman points you see on some trackers. Now most of those sites have two figures to take in account. You need one to by the other with wich you can buy something else for. Here this won't be the case. Now, every torrent here will have a price per MB that will be deducted frm your DC points (formarly you seedbonux points). The theory is simple. You don't have enough points, you can't download. Now unlike previous days, we are not going to as a too high price per MB. Currently it is set at 0.5 points per MB. It seems that it is going fine at that rate so we're going to see what happens. Now, how do you earn points back? Well, the equal amount of points that we deduct per MB you'll gain back by seeding back per MB. Also, you'll get 10 points per hour with a maximum of 50 per hour for keeping torrents alive (yes, like previously was the case with the seed bonus points). Also, our hit and run rule still counts so you'll have to keep your torrents alive for at least 72 hours. What other activities on this site will earn you points? Uploading torrents. You'll get 10 points, solely for uploading a torrent, 10 points per hour for keeping it alive and 0.5 points (that last one is current price) per MB. Sounds fair to you? Also, commenting on torrents, posting in forums and talking in shoutbox will add to your Download Credits. Virtually, thee isn't going to be a link left on this site you won't be able to push with gaining something from it. Now, figures aren't fixed yet and we still need to implement a couple of things, but this is a very rough sketch of how it will be. OK, what about freeleech? I know VIPS had all torrents free and this is not going to change in the new system. They already keep their points but they do see the msg you see meaning they'll know what they should use when they wouldn't be VIP. Sorry guys, I know I sometimes like rubbing it in smile1.gif Also, we're still discussing about implementing the 25% 50% 75% and total freeleech so hopefully these will be around on the new site. Now, we're not gonna change things around without keeping you in the loop. We are going to translate your current upload into download credits. We still have to vote on dismissing everyone's warning in trade for their current upload that that translated value in credits. That last one is still undecided.

My personal reasons for doing this. Yes, I don't like having secrets about this so I thought I'd share. It has come to my attention that the ratio system puts a damper on a lot of sites. Ratio requirements mainly are too high and in that way they create an elite bunch of people that spend a lot of money on bandwidth an resources to keep those high ratios. In other words, it's only the ones that have the biggest that stand a chance. Another side effect of this is that the community aspect of bittorrent is being lost. People are there for the easy access and then simply vanish after getting what they want. They don't get to know the site they're on, don't know how the community that drives it functions and so on. Also, I loook at it at the site level. Sites kick people out who don't have good ratios or hit and run on torrents. I believe this isn't a good way to handel things. So with this system, only download prevs will be taken away. You don't share and contribute? You don't get the good stuff. I honestly think that we can make this community wich functions already at a pretty good level even more bteer and more rich with content, quality of releases and discussion.

As said, not everything is sorted yet. We are allowing you to walk trough this process so you can gradually get used to the changes and if there's something we missed, you can let us know. As the revolution pointed out to me and as our info states "there's no FraMeSToR without you guys".

If there's anything you'd like to add, feel free to do so. Any suggestions feel free to give them. here

STAL