A YOUNG dad and a teenage girl who died at Mutiny festival this weekend could have taken "Green Heineken" ecstasy pills.

Georgia Jones, 18, and Tommy Cowan, 20, died at the festival in Portsmouth and 13 others were rushed to hospital.

Hampshire Police has launched an investigation into the deaths, and Georgia's mum has given a harrowing account of her daughter's death to warn other users.

Festival-goers have described people taking 'Green Heineken' pills before the horror unfolded.

One music fan called Sam, 20, told the Mirror: "People said she may have had two pills and if they were the Green Heinekens, I can see why as my friend only had one and he was in a right state afterwards.

"We had not heard anything about any drug warning, but as soon as people started getting ill it was blamed on the Green Heinekens."

Georgia's mum Janine Milburn, said he daughter suffered a 45-minute fit before her death.

Writing on Facebook, she said: "I can now say Georgia died yesterday due to complications after taking two pills at Mutiny.

"If nothing else, I hope what has happened to her will deter you from taking anything ever. The pills has caused her temperature to rise so high it made her fit for 45 mins. This then caused her muscle to break down and turn her blood acidic.

"Her heart was irregular and stopped numerous times and then her lungs filled with blood and fluid and I made the decision to turn everything off.

"My little girl was 18 and full of life I just hope this stops at least some of you from ending up the same."

Tommy, from Havant, who became a father in 2016, was named in heartbreaking tributes for the first time this evening as warnings a shared about the deadly batch of pills.

Tributes were also paid to Tommy on Facebook, with the mother of his child saying: "We will love you always and forever."

Festival organisers issued an urgent warning about super-strength drugs circulating the campsite before cancelling the second day of the event, attended by tens of thousands of people.

Both victims were rushed to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham but deaths are being treated as separate incidents by police.

A spokeswoman from Portsmouth Hospitals said: "We had 15 people come to the hospital which we thing were related to Mutiny Festival.
"Two of them have sadly died and we have another in a critical condition, as well as another who remains in hospital.

"Everyone else was in a minor condition. It's difficult to say how many were actually drug-related."

The two-day festival featured headliners Dizzee Rascal, Craig David and Sean Paul. DJs Pete Tong and Idris Elba also feature on the bill.

At least 30,000 festival-goers headed to the south-coast for the party event.

A statement from Hampshire Constabulary read: "At 7.10pm on Saturday 26 May, we were informed that an 18-year-old woman had fallen ill at the festival site in King George V Playing Fields, Cosham.

"The woman was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital where she later died.

"At 7.30pm, a 20-year-old man was found collapsed at the festival site. He was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital where he later died.

Cops said the deaths are not being treated as suspicious, but have launched an investigation.

A Mutiny spokesman said: "Following the terrible news from earlier today, the team behind Mutiny Festival are incredibly sad to announce that the Sunday of the festival has been cancelled as a safety precaution.

"The safety of our amazing customers has always been paramount to us and so to keep everyone safe and in respect to those who have passed, we have taken the decision not to open today.

"As you can imagine, this decision was not taken lightly and was taken with the support of the local statutory authorities who we continue to work with."