UNFORTUNATELY, it's not exactly unusual to hear of someone being unfaithful.

But it is a little out of the ordinary for a person to cheat with a close member of their partner's family.

That's exactly what one woman has admitted to on Kidspot, revealing that she had "pity sex" with her father-in-law.

The woman - whose name hasn't been revealed - explains that she and her husband Ben are in their early 30s and have been married for five years.

They have a daughter named Leila, and are "very happy".

But everything changed when Ben's mother Josie passed away, and his father Phil came to stay until he "felt stronger" and able to cope alone.

At first, the woman enjoyed having Phil around.

She explains: "During the day, when Ben was at work and I was home with Leila, Phil kept busy helping me out and playing with his granddaughter.

"It was lovely to see his face light up when he played with her and I was sure his stay with us was helping.

"Phil and I grew close during this time as we spent so much time together."

It was at this point that Ben told his wife he had to go away for a few days for work - leaving her alone with his father.

After a few uneventful nights alone, the pair "stayed up late and had a few too many drinks".

The woman continues: "I know it's no excuse but the whiskey was flowing and I just felt relaxed and let my guard down.

"He was so sad and when I gave him a big hug, things started to feel intimate.

"Before I knew what was happening, his mouth was on mine and then clothes were flying everywhere and we were having sex on my kitchen table.

"The place where I sit and eat breakfast with my husband and daughter every morning.

"It was over quickly and we both went straight to our separate beds."

The next day, the woman told her father-in-law their night of passion was a "mistake" and couldn't happen again.

While Phil agreed, he sometimes "grabs her hand or bum and gives her a squeeze" when he thinks his son isn't looking.

The woman continues: "I glare at him but I'm scared to say anything in case he tells Ben everything.

"The month Phil was supposed to stay has just ticked over into three months, and he's showing no signs of leaving.

"It looks like I’m going to be punished for this for a long time yet, and it's no less than I deserve."

Do you agree?