WINDSWEPT wedding guests have started to arrive at Windsor Castle this morning as Princess Eugenie today ties the knot.

The ninth-in-line to the throne will marry long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank in a lavish ceremony at St George's Chapel in front of an A-list of 850 guests.

The Royal family will descend on the town for the big day - the second royal wedding for Windsor after Prince Harry and Meghan said "I Do" in May.

And well-dressed women were forced to hold onto their hats as gusts of wind swept this morning amid forecasters' warnings Windsor could be hit with rain as the bride arrives.

Among the guests included model Pixie Goldof, wearing a pink dress that billowed in the wind, as well as Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy, actress Liv Tyler, Demi Moore, and model Naomi Campbell, dazzling in a monochrome outfit.

Today's wedding is expected to be a mix of traditional and modern, with the bride tipped to wear a dress that will show her childhood surgery scars with pride.

Others to brave the strong winds to attend the wedding include comedian Jimmy Carr and wife Karoline Copping, as well as David Emanuel, who designed Princess Diana's wedding dress, has also arrived, wearing a dark suit over a white T-shirt.

Conservative peer and Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes has arrived at St George's Chapel, with many seen clutching guest bags with the couple's initials intertwined.

The A-list crowd is also expected to include Ellie Goulding, Cara Delevingne and Amal and George Clooney.

But last minute adjustments had to be made due to the wind, with staff seen fixing a fallen potted tree that was knocked over onto the West Steps of the venue.

The big day hasn't been without its controversy as Camilla Parker-Bowles to miss the big day and a petition launched over the astronomical £2million cost of the wedding.

But the debate hasn't stopped royal fans from turning out in force today, with some arriving on Thursday afternoon to bag a prime position.

Royal super-fan John Loughney, from London, said he was happy to be there to share the day with Princess Eugenie.

The 63-year-old has been in the crowds for the last two royal weddings and was also outside the hospital for the births of Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

He said: "There's only two people who will be truly proud today and that's (Princess Eugenie's) mother and father. They'll be ever so proud to see their daughter married.

"Myself and all the royal fans wish them a very happy marriage."

Danielle Lilley, 33, and Rachel Bruce, 47, tutors from Eugenie's boarding house at Marlborough, said they were looking forward to seeing familiar faces.

Ms Bruce said: "We're really excited and hoping we might see some of her friends from college.

"We're thrilled to be here."

Police have poured into Windsor to ensure the event is secure, with dozens of officers searching the open-top carriage procession route in advance and there will be a blanket ban on drones flying over the event too.

Those who won't at the wedding include Camilla as well as the Queen's cousin, who had to pull out of the wedding after breaking her arm.

Princess Alexandra, 81, had to undergo surgery after the incident and doctors urged her to stay at home while the ceremony took place.

Photographer Alex Bramall has been announced as the official wedding photographer this morning - having already snapped the royal for Harper's Bazaar US in 2016.

Mr Bramall said: “It is an honour and a privilege to be invited to photograph Princess Eugenie and Jack on this most special of days.

"I look forward with great excitement to capturing this significant occasion and wish them both a happy future together.”

The couple yesterday revealed their excitement at tying the knot - admitting it was "love at first sight".

Princess Eugenie, 28, said she was nervous ahead of her big day - but said she couldn't wait to exchange vows with her boyfriend of seven years.

In an interview with Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford, who will anchor coverage of the royal wedding on ITV, the couple described the moment they met for the first time.

Brooksbank said: "We were skiing in a friend's place out in Switzerland, and [looking at Eugenie] I saw you first, didn't I? And we just stared at each other."

In an interview with Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford, who will anchor coverage of the royal wedding on ITV, the couple described the moment they met for the first time.

Brooksbank said: "We were skiing in a friend's place out in Switzerland, and [looking at Eugenie] I saw you first, didn't I? And we just stared at each other."

"I remember being like, 'I really, really like this guy, I really want him to like me too,' and then you gave me this huge windscreen wiper wave and that was it, right, he likes me."

Jack described Eugenie as a "bright shining light".

While Eugenie admitted the whole thing was "nerve-wracking and a bit scary" she added: "At the end of the day you get to marry the person you love... and you're going to be at the end of the aisle, and I'm going to be running towards you."

The happy couple's bridal party will include Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

The couple also revealed that their siblings are good friends. Princess Beatrice, 30, will be maid of honour and Tom Brooksbank, 30, is brother Jack’s best man.

Eugenie said of Bea: “She’s my big sissy — I’ve looked up to her my whole life.

“I’ve wanted to be her at times — we’ve fought over Converse trainers and who gets what, and you know, we’re best friends and I can’t think of anyone I’d want by my side more.”

Her mum Sarah Ferguson is also expected to play a big role.

Celeb guests include singer Robbie Williams and his wife and fellow X Factor judge Ayda Field.

Their six-year-old daughter Teddy is a bridesmaid, alongside Princess Charlotte and Zara and Mike Tindall’s daughter Mia.