The Weeknd has released his hotly anticipated new EP My Dear Melancholy, rife with subtle digs at ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez.

Fans of the 28-year-old Canadian signer noticed what appeared to be lyrical references to the former Disney star’s kidney transplant, going as far to suggest that the singer was willing to donate his own organ to save her life.

‘I said I didn’t feel nothing baby, but I lied / I almost cut a piece of myself for your life,’ he sings.

He also references how the two found solace through other during difficult times with the lyrics: ‘We found each other / I helped you out of a broken place / You gave me comfort / But falling for you was my mistake.’

The Weeknd and Gomez began dating in 2017, during a time when the Hands To Myself singer was keeping out of the spotlight while dealing with her health.

Following their split in October 2017, Gomez began spending time with on-again off-again ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber.

Immediately after the record’s release, The Weeknd fans went into a frenzy as they speculated which songs were about the musician’s famous ex girlfriends.

Born Abel Makkonen Tesfaye — the Starboy singer was also previously linked to as well as model Bella Hadid, 21.

Another song, titled Wasted Times, had fans thinking he was singing about missing ex Bella Hadid.

Fans interpreted the lyrics: ‘You were equestrian, so ride it like a champion’ as anything other than a reference to the Victoria’s Secret model, whose passion for horseback riding is well known.

‘Wasted times I spent with someone else,’ he continued, perhaps referring to his short-lived romance with Gomez.

The Weekend and Hadid began dating at the start of 2015 and were first spotted together during Coachella music festival of that year.

The twosplit up in November of 2016, citing ‘scheduling conflicts’ as the reason for their break-up.