THESE are the horror injuries of a vulnerable man slashed in the face after attackers allegedly forced their way into his home.

Paul McGregor is barely able to open his eyes after he was left with a horrifying array of cuts and bruises.

He suffered a fractured eye socket and was stabbed in the attack at about 3am yesterday in Glasgow.

The 55-year-old, also known as Baz, has mental health issues, reports the Daily Record, and is thought to have refused his attackers entry into his house.

A close friend told the paper: “It’s absolutely disgusting that someone would do this to anyone let alone Baz, who wouldn’t do you a bad turn.

“He is well known in the area but he is adamant he doesn’t want to return to his home now, and you can’t blame him.

“They have taken advantage of a vulnerable individual. He would never hurt anyone so why would they want to do this to him?

“He is gutted but the psychological damage this has done could be much more of a problem than the physical injuries.”

Cops said inquiries were ongoing, adding: “Anyone with information is asked to contact the CID via 101.”

They have taken advantage of a vulnerable individual.

A spokesperson for the force said: "Around 3am on Saturday 16 March 2019, police were called to a report of a man injured during an altercation within a property in Tiree Street, Glasgow.

"Emergency services attended and a 54-year-old man was taken to the Glasgow Royal Infirmary for treatment.

"Medical staff describe his condition as stable.

"Two men, aged 17 and 18, have been arrested in connection with the incident and enquiries are ongoing.

Last week we told of the harrowing moment a frail pensioner begged for help and said sorry in a 999 emergency call before dropping dead after burglars invaded her childhood home.

Maureen Whale died after thugs crept into the home at night and snatched her handbag just a week before her 78th birthday.

And in a devastating emergency call to police, the pensioner could be heard telling operators she was struggling to breathe after the callous thieves snuck into her Barnet home in North London where she had survived the Blitz in World War Two.

Clearly struggling to catch her breath, frail Maureen told the operator: “I've just been burgled.

"Two young men just went into the house and walked off with my handbag."

Even apologising for her reaction, the OAP then said: "I'm shaking, I'm sorry."