THE body of a man found in the US state of Mississippi is believed to be a 23-year-old Tennessee resident suspected of killing his mother and friend and writing a detailed account of the murders on Facebook.

Jasper County Sheriff Randy Johnson said the body of Casey Lawhorn was found in Vossburg, Mississippi according to a post on Jasper County Police Department’s Facebook.

Lawhorn’s death came a day after a twisted Facebook post detailed the double-murder.

“What I did is unforgivable. And prayer is a waste of time, nothing happens after death, but if there is a hell, I’m going to be in the lake of ice at the bottom,” read a post on a Facebook page purportedly belonging to Lawhorn.

“However, as I sit here in Mississippi, writing this on the side of I-59 south after my car broke down, what I look forward to is the nothingness after death. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about murder, wondering what it feels like. But I’ve barely felt anything.”

Police told ABC News that when they visited the home Sunday, they had to force their way inside — where they found the bodies of Vi Lawhorn and Avery Gaines, 22.

In the now-removed Facebook post, Lawhorn allegedly wrote that he shot and killed both adults “with a stolen .22 [long rifle].”

The post described Gaines as a “close friend” and claimed Vi Lawhorn was drunk after spending a night at a sports bar.

“The whole event took probably 3 or 4 minutes,” the Facebook post reportedly said.

“I had hoped both were going to be quick and efficient. I didn’t want my mom to suffer, to die in horror, to die with the knowledge that her son did it (I didn’t hurt our dog or cat, in case anyone was wondering about the animals).”

His friend “seemed to die instantly,” he wrote.

He then marched to his mother’s bedroom, where she was “disoriented from alcohol” after a night of drinking.

Lawson tried pulling the trigger, but the gun jammed. He went out to fix the weapon and then “rapidly got off two shots,” but missed because the room was dark.

“She started screaming the worst scream I’ve ever heard,” he wrote. “Movies really don’t do justice to how true terror sounds.”

“She shouted, ‘You shot me! You’ve killed me! Why?’” he recalled.

Lawhorn wrote that he was struggling since starting at Middle Tennessee State University and that he’d been suicidal since high school.

Mississippi’s Jasper County Sheriff’s Department said Sunday evening local time that Lawhorn’s car was found abandoned on Interstate 59, but Lawhorn was not in the vehicle. The Dade County Sheriff’s Office wrote earlier on Facebook that Lawhorn, after getting petrol in Dade County around 5:30am. Sunday, was believed to be driving south toward Georgia, but it appears he never made it there.

The alleged confessional was posted to Facebook around 5pm. Sunday and said the shooting happened at 1:30am that morning. East Ridge Police say they have not yet confirmed the authenticity of the post and the details in it.

This article originally appeared on Fox News and has been republished with permission.

If you or anyone you know needs support call Lifeline on 13 11 14, Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or visit Lifeline.org.au.