Uber’s popular rideshare and food delivery apps went into global meltdown earlier today, with users in Australia, US, Canada, Europe, New Zealand and India complaining of issues.

Uber has since confirmed to News Corp that all their apps are now fixed and fully operational.

The cause of the outage is unclear.

The problems varied from passengers being unable to book cars, drivers being unable to collect payment for their trips or see where they were picking up customers, and meals that never arrived.

Some also complained of being charged for trips that never happened.

The problem affected the US and Canada the most with everything going down at one point.

Here in Australia the issue mostly affected drivers, with app outages reported in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.

Uber’s support team took to Twitter during the chaos to apologise for the trouble and confirmed a team was working to fix the issue ASAP.

The issue lasted about three hours and appeared to mostly affect andriod phone users, however some iPhone users also complained of issues.

“We appreciate your patience,” the support team wrote to users experiencing issues today.

Complaints mostly came from drivers, who said they were unable to work or claim their earnings due to the outage.

Some Uber Eats drivers complained they had picked up orders but then the customer’s address and contact details had disappeared so they were stuck with the food.

“He didn’t steal your burritos lol... if was anything like what happened to me all the delivery info disappeared once I picked up the order and started driving towards the customer,” Ohio driver Todd Mars tweeted.

“Your app is broken,” Michael Wrong tweeted at Uber Support.

One US driver complained he had accepted a ride but the app did not display the user’s name or address.

“This is disgusting. I’m living this week on Uber payouts and now no cashouts from the app. Uber needs to compensate for the loss of drivers at this time,” Ahmer Sarwar complained., he later confirmed his issue had been fixed.

“Down in Los Angeles. app does not show my location, profile or anything,” Kit Hunt wrote.

“App is down in Toronto... Was able to log in, but it only showed a world map and a blank icon instead of my photo. Showed my status as “offline”. Clicked the “Go” button but status remained offline. Obviously it wasn’t able to connect to the server. I think Uber will be out for quite awhile,” another user complained.

“Why did my driver just complete my trip before even picking me up... and I got charged... how?” Mallory Williamson tweeted.