DIE-HARD geeks from all over Ireland have descended on Dublin for two days’ worth of celebrity signings and cosplay at Comic Con.

Thousands of fans showed up for the convention dressed as their favourite TV and comic book superheroes and villains.

Niamh Anderson on Game of Thrones’ Iron Throne

And self-confessed nerds got to meet some of their TV heroes from smash hits including Doctor Who’s Catherine Tate and Lord of the Rings actor John Rhys Davies who plays Gimli.

Irish Game of Thrones actor Ian Beattie, who played Meryn Trant, a Kingsguard, in the HBO series, also braved the miserable weather for a meet and greet with fans.

He said: “I love meeting with fans, I’m as big a fan as anybody else is.”

The Belfast actor says TV audiences became obsessed with the show as a form of escapism.

Our girl Niamh Anderson with Star Wars’ Chewbacca

He said: “It’s a breath-taking show, you just get so into it. You get into that world and you cannot get out of it.”

Mum-of-two, Kayleigh Clark, travelled from Lisburn, Northern Ireland with her daughters Taylor, seven, and three-year-old Tilly.

The family dressed up as Oogie Boogie, Sally and Zero from Tim Burton’s A Nightmare Before Christmas.

Kayleigh,28, said: “The girls just love it, Taylor especially just loves dressing up. She wanted to dress as sally, so we all just went with what she wanted. Last year she was ash from Pokémon.

A fan dressed up at Dublin Comic Con

“I made all of the costumes myself, the dress, the wig, everything.”

Dedicated comic book fan, Carragh Brennan, 21, from Waterford took almost two years to make her furry costume.

She said: “SW7 he’s a creation of my own, he’s an anthropomorphic hyena. I started him in November 2016 and finished in 2018. Everything on this is hand sewn.”

Dave Lam, 24, travelled from the UK for his first Irish Comic Con. He also made his own costume, which took him five years to complete.
The gaming superfan came as an ODST from the Halo franchise.

He said: “I made it all myself, I looked up tutorials on YouTube and I managed to make it just by watching videos.”

Superfans also got to meet the screenplay writer for X-Men and Watchman movies, and Steven Ogg from The Walking Dead.

The convention also featured a sword training arena, as well as merchandise stalls and gaming stations.

The Comic Con continues at the RDS today.