THIS IS the shocking moment two yobs flee a Dublin post office on a motorbike after threatening staff, smashing panes of glass with a hammer and robbing a sum of cash.

An onlooker videoed one of the thugs sprinting out of Blanchardstown Post Office wielding a hammer and speeding off on the back of the getaway bike after the terrifying raid last Friday.

The mindless goon masks his identity by wearing a large motorcycle helmet along with a red top, a hi-vis vest and black bottoms and boots.

His crony revs up the motorcycle before the pair speed off a path and burst through traffic, making a successful getaway.

Smashed-up window panes at two of the desks are then shown demonstrating the extensive damage done during the horror robbery.

One woman can be heard trying to reassure panic-stricken customers saying: “He’s gone, are you okay? Is everyone okay? They’re gone. It’s okay it’s over, it’s over.”

According to gardai the heist took place at 9.20am that morning.

Nobody was injured in the incident and nobody has been arrested yet.

One terrified witness told 98FM the man was trying to “jump through the glass.”

She said: “As I got closer to the counter, he came running in. He had a hammer and he was swinging it around and he was screaming at the staff behind the counter that he wanted the money.

“He smashed the glass, tried to jump through the glass, then smashed it again.

“He was starting to climb through it to get the money. Everyone was screaming. He ended up getting money and then ran out.”

She added: “The woman behind the counter said ‘we don’t have any money’ and he started banging on the glass but it wouldn’t break the first couple of times that he did it, and then he ended up smashing it and that’s when everyone started screaming because the glass just kept coming through.

“It was horrible. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life.”

A Garda spokesman told the Irish Sun: “Shortly after 9.20am a male armed with a hammer entered a post office at the Blanchardstown Centre.

“He threatened staff and fled on foot before leaving the scene on a waiting motorcycle.

“A sum of cash was taken during the robbery. No one was injured, no arrests have been made to date and enquires are ongoing.

“Anyone with information is asked to contact Blanchardstown Garda Station 01-6667000.”