A TALENTED boxer has been named as the stabbing victim on the streets of North London - as two 15-year-old boys are charged with his murder.

Wilham Mendes, 25, a Portuguese national, was pronounced dead shortly after arriving in hospital shortly after 1am on Saturday morning.

Police and paramedics were called to Albert Place, Tottenham, where they found the sportsman suffering multiple stab injuries.

Wilham moved to the UK in 2015 and was living in Tottenham at the time of his death.

Two 15-year-old boys were arrested on suspicion of murder yesterday and have since been charged.

The pair have also been charged with robbing Wilham - they will appear in court on Boxing Day

The victim's family have been informed and a post-mortem will be held in the coming days.

Scotland Yard Det Ch InspGlen Lloyd said earlier: "Although we have made two arrests, our investigation continues to gather pace. Early enquiries by my team have established a possibility that Wilham was stabbed during a robbery and I would like anyone who saw the events leading up to or immediately following the murder to contact my officers without delay.

“No matter how small a detail, no matter how little you saw, your information could prove vital to our investigation and at the very least would assist in confirming details that we already have.

“At the heart of our investigation is the loss of an innocent and promising young man who was brutally murdered in the street.

“Our thoughts are with Wilham’s family as they struggle to cope with their loss at what should have been a happy time of year for them.”

The killing means more than 130 people have now been violently killed in the capital this year.

Shocking figures collated by Sky analysts show the longest period London went without a murder or manslaughter was just 16 days this year.

Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 503/22 Dec. To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.