AN albino family in South Africa have revealed how they are living in fear after a spate of gruesome murders of kids with their condition.

The Tyongose family have albinism and dad Themba, 54, say they are still badly discriminated against.

Mr Tyongose lives with wife Nokwanda, 35, and their three kids Abongile, 15, Siphosethu, nine and seven-year-old Linamandla in a township.

He believes “there is more to be done by government” after a spate of horrifying attacks on albinos.

Mr Tyongose said: ”For example if a child is born with albinism in a labour ward, nobody gives advice on what is supposed to be done.

“The only thing the midwife asks is ‘who else in the family looks like you’.”

Earlier this year a 15-month old baby and a 13-year-old girl were kidnapped and slaughtered by “healers” in the eastern South African province of Mpumalanga.

Charity worker Ntando Gweleza said: “Albinism is not a curse. Some people spit on the ground when they see us

"When I went for an interview for my job I was asked three times immediately after I entered the interview room whether the CV I submitted was really mine.

"We are also people and we were created by God."

The Tyongose family were talking to mark Albinism Awareness Month in South Africa which is held to try to dispel myths and stamp out ingrained prejudice.