SPOOKED staff have called ghostbusters after a nightclub till and fridge opened on their own.

The spine-chilling scenes were caught on CCTV at the venue — built on a jail and said to be haunted by a light-fingered lag.

Manager Tom Dodd was in the office when an alert sounded in the empty bar at 8pm on Monday.

He said: “Our tills are linked to a system which pings when they are opened.

“We checked the cameras back and couldn’t believe what we saw. It was incredibly creepy.

“At first I thought it might have been pranksters but there’s no way they could’ve done it.

“On the film no one goes near the bar for hours. The till and the fridge are solid bits of kit.” The Pryzm club is built on the site of Nottingham House of Corrections which shut in the 1890s.

Staff believe the ghostly goings-on could be the work of an inmate who died there.

Tom, 29, of Tamworth, Staffs, added: “There is a room in the basement with bars on the wall.

“I started here a few months ago and was learning my way around when I felt a presence. I turned to look but was alone.

“I told the other workers, who said, ‘No one goes in that room.’

“Next week we have paranormal investigators coming — real-life ghostbusters.”

“The whole thing has freaked me out. I don’t want to be on my own in that part of the club.”