PRINCE Harry has found himself in a sticky situation during a tour of his namesake county.

The Duke of Sussex was doing a meet and greet with the public in the cathedral city of Chichester in West Sussex when a woman in red captured his attention.

As it turns out her name is Charlotte Sleep. She is a French teacher at Westbourne House School.

Ms Sleep was waiting with a group of Year 6 students to meet Harry and his new wife Meghan Markle.

The students even pulled together an A-Z guide to Sussex in an A3 book which apparently contained everything from Arundel to local celebrity Zoe Ball.

“To help you with your travel around Sussex,” Ms Sleep explained.

She quipped: “And we’ll be quizzing you at the end”.

“Cool”, a clearly amused Harry replied.

Prince Harry then asked the group what had brought them to Chichester.

A starstruck Ms Sleep responded: “We’ve come to see you.”

The young royal stretched out his arm to shake hands. WRONG MOVE. That’s when an awkward moment unfolded.

Ms Sleep shouted: “I’m not letting go!”

“Um, please let go,” Prince Harry replied with a big smile on his face.

Harry pointed out to the students that he wore a “very, very similar school uniform” as a student at Wetherby School in London.

Prince Harry asked the boys if they were on a school trip.

“Sort of,” said one of the boys.

“We’re missing double Latin!,” said another.

“What, because you are here?” the Prince said with surprise and then high-fived him.

“The fact that you got off double Latin because we are here. I think that’s fantastic.”

But Harry was quick to add: “Although education is important!”

Meanwhile, the Duchess of Sussex rushed to the aid of a young girl who stood crying after being pushed over in the heavy crowds waiting to greet her.

Meghan was seen dashing over to the tearful youngster in Peacehaven, East Sussex, on Wednesday during her first official visit to the county which inspired her royal title.

The Joff youth centre in the seaside town was the last visit on a whistlestop tour of the county.

As the couple left the building, they went to speak to crowds outside and Meghan saw Kara Fairhall, 10, was upset.

She was seen reaching out to hold the girl’s hand and speaking to her for some time.

Afterwards, Kara said: “When Meghan came over everyone rushed forward and I got pushed over.

“I started to cry as I was a bit upset, but I wasn’t hurt.

“Meghan saw I was crying and came over to me to see if I was OK.

“She took my hand and said ‘Are you OK?’ I said ‘yes’ and she said: ‘It’s going to be OK.’ “I felt a lot better afterwards and said thank you.

“She’s really nice and I was really happy I got to meet her.”

The couple spent much of the day focusing on young people and children as they made five stops in east and West Sussex.

Meghan gathered numerous gifts and bouquets of flowers while Harry was spotted patting the head of a baby and hugging a girl who he met at the youth centre.

The newlyweds appeared to be very much still in the honeymoon phase and were seen holding hands and laughing together.