ANDREW Douglas Macintosh was charged with creating a public nuisance after neighbours banded together to catch the man they believed had fouled their property up to 30 times in a year.

Mr Macintosh was due to appear in Holland Park Local Court in Brisbane on Monday, but the Courier Mail reports that his lawyer was negotiating to have it dealt with as an infringement notice.

Mr Macintosh’s LinkedIn profile, which has since been taken down, reveals he is a national quality manager for the retirement village property and investment group giant, Aveo.

He is also on a Brisbane City Council advisory board which makes decisions about the Queensland capital’s planning, building and urban renewal issues.

Late last month, police charged the 64-year-old, who lives in a well-kept house with a manicured garden not far from the apartment block.

Police laid a charge of creating a public nuisance against the man after neighbours snapped a photograph of the infamous local “poo jogger” in the act.

Residents of an apartment block in the southeastern Brisbane suburb of Greenslopes had complained that someone had been defecating on their path by night for the last year.

A previously unidentified man had been running past the block three times a week and allegedly ducking up a privately-owned path “like clockwork” in the early morning and pausing to poo on it.

The residents orchestrated a plan to capture the man in the act, and in May they hit pay dirt.

“One of the neighbours set up a night camera and got a few images and so we had a time he was doing it, so then I decided to go and wait with a camera in the and I was there a few mornings and then last Friday I got him,” neighbour Steve, who took the photo, told news.com.au last month.

“There’s a red light which goes on before the camera’s flash goes off and he saw that and looked at me as the photograph was taken.

“Then he just said, ‘Hello’. At that point I decided to just walk away.”

The photograph shows a grey-haired man with his pants down.

Holding a piece of toilet paper, he is pictured squatting over a concrete path by a brick wall and looking in the direction of the camera.