HORRIFIED parents have slammed cops after it emerged a convicted paedophile lives just 75 metres from a primary school.

The fiend, whose identity hasn't been revealed, is residing in Chantry in Ipswich close to Sprites Primary School.

Parents have now reacted with fury despite cops reassuring them stringent processes are in place to ensure convicted sex offenders are monitored.

The mum of one Sprites Primary School pupil told Ipswich Star: “It’s a mickey-take to have someone like that so close to a school, where children could be walking alone.

“Police say these people are heavily monitored but they won’t elaborate further. To learn on social media doesn’t seem right. I had to find out on Facebook and do my own research.

“If he’s here, I want to see him moved. I don’t see why people like us should live in fear.

“I’ll be having words with the school to make sure they’re aware and I’ll be reiterating the danger of strangers to my children.

“I daren’t let them out because I don’t know where he might be.”

Another mum fumed: “It’s ridiculous. It’s too close.

“My kids usually play outside the front of the house but I’ve thought twice about letting them.

“My son has started going to the shops for me – but that stops now.

“I understand if someone has served their sentence but we should have a right to say how we feel about it.”

Under the Sex Offenders Act, all convicted sex offenders must register with the police on release from prison.

This includes providing personal details such as address, locations they stay regularly and whether or not they live or stay in the same address as a child.

Police can also apply for sex offenders to be blocked from certain activities involving children.

Detective Chief Superintendent Eamonn Bridger, said: “Public safety is at the heart of everything we do. We work with our partners to put stringent processes in place in order to ensure all registered sex offenders in the county are adequately monitored.”