A PARAMEDIC has told how a brute randomly spat at him and threatened to “knock him out” as he sat in his vehicle.

The shocking incident, which was said to have happened on Saturday, was relayed by Mike Duggan to highlight the abuse emergency services faced.

The paramedic operational officer had just been called out to reports of an assault in Birmingham.

When the 32-year-old dad of three arrived he was not required, so he returned to his paramedic car.

But moments later he claimed a passerby appeared out of the blue and began shouting foul abuse at him as well as spitting through the ambulance vehicle's window.

The man, who smelled of booze, was then said to have opened the passenger door in a bid to get in.

The man is said to have continued his torrent of verbal abuse before punching and kicking the ambulance car.

He then approaches Mr Duggan again and threatened to “knock him out”.

A suspect was later arrested in connection with the incident.

Mr Duggan said: "We are just in a position to help.

“I go to work as a paramedic and I deal with everybody the best way that I can.

"We are just in a position to help.

“"This guy just kept telling me to go away and tried to get in my car.

“He continued to be abusive while spitting and then raised his fist and told me to f*** off."

The Sun Online has approached West Midlands Police about the incident.

It comes as police officers responding to a life or death situation were left stunned in Horley, Surrey, after finding a note slapped on their car - complaining it was parked in a private space.

When they spoke to the angry neighbour and explained the emergency circumstances the obnoxious resident whinged: “I don’t care it’s not my emergency.”