DANNY Cipriani caused outrage yesterday by dismissing injuring a female cop as a “minor incident”.

The England rugby star, 30, walked free from a Jersey court after admitting assault.

Ex-Met Police chief John O’Connor fumed: “He is a disgrace.”

Raging rugby ace Cipriani yelled “Get the f*** off me” to a police officer before shoving her and grabbing her by the collar.

PC Jodie Botterill, 33, fell over and was left bruised by the boozed-up 6ft 1in star who had just scrapped with a bouncer.

But the fly-half, 30, yesterday walked free from court after admitting assault and resisting arrest.

The star, who earns an estimated £300,000 a year, was ordered to pay £2,250 in fines and compensation.

Cipriani claimed he did not start the trouble — and dismissed the bouncer attack and cop grapple as “minor”. His new club Gloucester also said he had their full support.

But ex-Met Police boss John O’Connor said of Cipriani, recently recalled to the England squad: “To lash out at a female PC is disgraceful. He behaved like a violent thug. He should face the consequences of his actions and be dealt with properly by his club and the RFU.”

Cipriani appeared dishevelled at Jersey magistrates’ court after spending two nights in police cells.

It heard how he had been on a night out his new Gloucester team-mates on their pre-season tour to the island.

The star tried to leave the Little Drift club in St Helier at 1am on Wednesday with two drinks for team-mates outside, when he was stopped by head doorman Joaquim Perreira.

Prosecutor Sam Morris said: “Cipriani became verbally abusive. He pushed him and became physically abusive. He tried to push past him.

“The doorman activated his body camera which angered him further. He grabs him again and tries to pull the camera off his body.”

Cops were called but PC Botterill — a former Jersey football coach and ex-Welsh international — struggled to cuff Cipriani, who shoved her in the chest and grabbed her by the collar.

Mr Morris said: “He became aggressive and refused to put his hands behind his back and broke free.

He was demanding to be let go and said: "Get the f*** off me’.”

PC Botterill was left with bruising to her right arm and redness on her neck and chin. She had to call two officers as back-up before Cipriani was eventually taken away.

Mike Preston, defending, told the court that Cipriani did not like being filmed because of his celebrity status.

He said he “candidly admits having too much to drink” but found the doorman “heavy-handed”.

Mr Preston went on: “He did swear and become agitated, grabbing the tie and camera to prevent that. He was confused why he was immediately arrested and handcuffed.

“It was a tense situation and a crowd gathered. He is very sorry for that behaviour in these few seconds.

“He accepts he took hold of the officer’s collar but said he never meant to harm her in any way.

“He has suffered extreme embarrassment by putting himself in that situation. He is very sorry for his behaviour. He knows he let himself, his family and his club down.”

Magistrate Sarah Fitz fined Cipriani £500 for assaulting the bouncer and £1,500 for resisting arrest.

Three other charges — assault on police, larceny and being disorderly on licensed premises — were dropped.

She told him: “This is one incident that started off in a minor way.

“You have pleaded guilty on this first occasion and it can be dealt with by way of a fine.”

Cipriani — who left Jersey on a private jet yesterday afternoon — was also ordered to pay £250 to the PC.

The star has only just been recalled to the England side after a decade out following a string of disciplinary issues.

He tweeted an apology to “my club, team-mates, supporters and most importantly the police”.

Cipriani, fined for drink-driving in 2016, went on: “They have a tough and vital job and I’m mortified that, earlier this week, I acted in a way that I hugely regret. I am truly sorry.

“I would also like to put on record the words of the magistrate Sarah Fitz who publicly stated that ‘it was a minor incident’ and ‘a fine is more than sufficient’.

“I was wrong to argue with a bouncer, and pull on his camera tie. I was also wrong to resist arrest. This is why I pleaded guilty.

children's play area
“I was initially confused as to why I was being arrested by three officers. This led me to react in the wrong manner, seeking to hold off the police officers rather than accepting their decision.

“It goes without saying, given the words of the magistrates, that I didn’t strike anyone or initiate aggression in any way.”

Gloucester Rugby CEO Stephen Vaughan added: “The incident in question was over in a matter of seconds and was a reaction to the conduct of other parties involved.

"He knows his responsibilities and is aware of the impact of this type of incident on the club. However, Danny is a Gloucester Rugby player and will receive our full support.”