THE mum whose four children died in a house fire she escaped has told friends her "world has been torn apart."

Tragic Riley, 8, Keegan,6, Tilly Rose Unitt, 4, and 3-years-old Olly all died when the blaze tore through their family home in the early hours of Tuesday.

Their mum Natalie Unitt, 24, and her partner Chris Moulton, 28, jumped to safety from a bedroom window with their youngest child, Jack, two, in his father's arms.

Its thought an exploding gas boiler may have caused the killer blaze.

Natalie, Chris and baby Jack were still in hospital tonight recovering from non-life-threatening injuries as forensic experts continued to comb through the wreckage of their home.

A close friend of Natalie revealed:"She says her world has been torn apart.

"She knows her four kiddies have gone and aren't coming back.

"It's hard for her to comprehend but she is trying to stay strong for little Jack. She will never get over it."

An ambulance worker has penned a poignant note speaking of her sorrow at not being able to save the four children.

Lamara Shelley, a call dispatcher with West Midlands Ambulance Service, told of her regret at not being able to save the "beautiful angels" who perished in the blaze.

She left the moving note with a floral tribute at the scene.

Lamara wrote: "RIP you beautiful angels. I don't know you personally but I was involved in the incident.

"I work in the ambulance service and was involved in getting the correct resources to try and help save you.

“I am so gutted we couldn't save you all. Hope your family can remain strong and you will remain in everyone's hearts forever!"

Well-wishers have so far raised almost £20,000 to help support the family in the aftermath of the tragedy.