IF your other half is prone to making embarrassing jokes, you'll feel for this poor woman.

A mum took to Mumsnet to reveal how her husband left her mortified during a recent date night at a restaurant.

Writing on the Am I Being Unreasonable forum, she told how the waitress made a comment about the size of her phone - which apparently is quite big.

When she replied that she was thinking of trading it in for a smaller one, her hubby cracked a rather unsavoury gag.

She wrote: "My husband then pipes up with, 'Well she is used to having big things in her hand'. The waitress seemed embarrassed send moved on... I was mortified.

"I am quite an introvert, private person anyway and this was too much for me. I told him this wasn't appropriate and he barked at me that it was a joke and I need to grow up."

Hardly surprisingly, the majority of Mumsnetters were firmly on her side.

One commented: "Was he drunk? You should have just made a joke about needing a microscope or something."

Another replied: "Hmm, I would say that you're not the one who needs to grow up here."

While another asked: "Yanbu. Is he normally like that or just a bit of a weird foot in mouth thing?"

One mum pointed out that it was the sort of joke she's known other blokes to make.

"It was inappropriate, but sounds like something a few men I know would say," she wrote.

"They think they are hilarious, and when they are called out, and someone has a go at them, they come out with the 'You have no sense of humour' line!"

Another admitted: "I'd probably find that funny - but only in the 'what an idiot' sense. And feel bad for you."

There's definitely a time and a place... though to be fair, we can't really think of any context where that would actually be funny. Bless.