A MUM-of-four has been slammed for changing her daughter’s name – three times.

Shoba Sibary claims she failed to settle on a name for her youngest, now eight.

Speaking on This Morning, she revealed that her daughter’s name changed from Dolly, to Delphine, to Dorothy, but now it’s back to Dolly.

She blamed her indecisiveness on “heartburn and hormones”, as well as input from her other children.

The journalist said: “I'm not sure, when you're up to your eyes in heartburn and hormones, it's the best time to make such a monumental choice in life.”

But the mum, who lives in Surrey, has been criticised online after she admitted she sometimes forgets her child’s name at the doctors.

Discussing the topic with actress and comedian Judi Love, she confessed: “When I go to doctor's surgery I can't remember if it's Dolly or Delphine, it's confusing.”

And eyebrows were raised when she added she would change a child’s name – up until they start school.

People were quick to criticise Shona, who is mum to Flo, 18, Annie, 17, Monty, 15, and Dolly, eight.

She said “luckily” she got it right with her first children, but found it hard to bond with Dolly when she was named Delphine.

Despite changing it, bizarrely she said Dolly now “looks like” a Delphine.

One person branded her selfish on twitter, posting: “It is not OK to keep changing your child's name! You will confuse them just for your selfishness.”

While another said: “Your daughter is YOUR child.

“If no one else likes YOUR daughters name then that's their opinion and shouldn't be cause for you to change the name repeatedly.”

A third wrote: “Imagine not knowing what your own child’s name is at the doctors.”

Agreeing, another wrote: “What the heck?! Changing the child’s name 3 times?

"The child’s not a bloody dog!”