THE mum of a teenage boy desperately battled to save her son's life after he was fatally hit by a truck as he got off a bus.

Joanne Easton rushed out of her home in Morley, Leeds, to perform CPR on her son Thomas as he lay dying in the road.

The 13-year-old was struck while crossing the road as he got off a bus opposite his home last Wednesday.

He died in the early hours of this morning - after spending almost a week in a critical condition in hospital.

Nurse Lindsay Spencer, who was on the bus at the time of the crash, today told how his pals on the bus rushed to get his mum.

Lindsay said Joanne was "beside herself with fear but kept herself together to help her son" and described her an "incredibly brave woman"

She said: "Tom was laid on the floor with his mum breathing into his mouth while I compressed his chest.

"As much as we tried, there and then, we did not get him breathing."

Describing the lead up to the fatal smash, she said: "Tom had gone to the front of the bus to cross while a pick-up truck was overtaking from behind.

"The bus driver had tried to shout to tell him to stop, because he could see out his mirror that it was coming, but it was all too late.

"We all heard him scream. We were all so shocked and devastated as we saw the truck hit him and pull him under.

"We were all beside ourselves.

"A lot of the kids were crying and some were being sick. It was too much for them, they're only young.

"Neighbours were also coming out into the street. It was a dreadful scene."

After paramedics arrived he was taken to Leeds General Infirmary where he was put into a coma.

Cops confirmed his death in the early hours.

Mum Joanne has since paid a touching tribute to her son, describing him as "my little warrior".

She wrote on her Facebook page: "My little warrior Thomas easton fought and fought since Wednesday after being run over but this morning at 345 he lost his battle.

"One thing I can tell you all though is those few hours of losing his own life he has saved 4 other peoples lives.

"It was the biggest decision of mine and gavs life but we decided to donate his liver kidneys and pancreas.

"Thomas will live on in these people and hopefully one day I might get to meet them. Thank you to everyone that sent well wishes. X".

Tributes have also been laid at the scene of the accident, with flowers and cards covering the bus stop.

One family tribute read: "To my partner in crime, your (sic) gonna be missed so much, you are loved so much, you are one in a million.

"Never gonna be the same. Family by choice not blood.

"Rest in peace now big man. Love your brother."

Another read: "Thomas. All our love. Sleep tight baby."

Meanwhile, one said: To my darling nephew, still doesn't feel real that you are not with us."

And another poignant tribute read: "To Tom, words cant describe how much I already miss you!

"You put up a good fight, your (sic) a true Newlands warrior. You never deserved any of this, I can't believe you are gone.
"I hope I make you proud. Not a day will go by where I don't think about you."