A YOUNG mum who was dragged down a back alley and brutally beaten and sexually assaulted after a night out has revealed her torment in a bid to catch her attacker.

Chloe was 22 when she was followed then set upon as she walked home from a night out in Melbourne, Australia, in June 2013.

The attacker had tried to strike up conversation with Chloe before grabbing her as she tried to fend off his advances.

He knocked her to the ground before repeatedly punching and kicking her then sexually assaulting her.

Police said she was lucky to survive the attack after suffering serious neck and head injuries.

Now, in a bid to find the monster, Victoria Police have released an emotional interview with Chloe along with CCTV of the suspect.

Chloe said: "I noticed there was some guy behind me and I crossed the road to go over to my street.

"I noticed he was behind me again. After that, all I remember is being hit in the side of the head.

"It destroyed me for a really long time. I was a new mum but I couldn't be the mum I wanted to be because I was dealing with this.

"As much as it damaged me I think it damaged mine and my son's relationship.

"Every time I look in the mirror there's a scar on my face, there's a reminder of what happened."

Police have put up a huge reward of $500,000 (£287,000) for information leading to a conviction.

Detective Inspector Steve Wilson said: "We have a victim who was brutally assaulted, both sexually and physically, and is probably very lucky to still be here with us today.

"You can see from the pictures the attack on Chloe was brutal.

"These are some of the worst injuries we’ve seen from a victim of sexual assault. It’s a very extreme case."

The offender — who ran from the scene — is believed to have been of either Asian or Indian appearance. He was of medium build, with short black cropped hair and unshaven stubble.

He wore a black top, blue jeans and open leather jacket.