AN embarrassed mum issued an apology after accidentally sending her little boy off to school in a T-shirt that was definitely not safe for children’s eyes.

Shelly McCullar from Texas didn’t think twice when she sent her son Anthony off to Travis Elementary in what she thought was a McDonald’s T-shirt.

The shirt was red with a yellow M-shaped arch, and the slogan “i’m lovin’ it” underneath.

Sounds innocent, right? Yeah no.

Yeah, that’s not the famous McDonald’s logo. That’s a pair of women’s legs spread apart, giving the slogan a whole new meaning.

T-shirts with humorous slogans are a crime against fashion in themselves, but this example is pretty out-there for a primary school kid.

McCullar took to Facebook to explain her son’s innocent mistake and apologise to his teachers.

“Once again, my sincere apologies to the teachers and staff at Travis Elementary,’’ she wrote.

“I promise from now on to monitor what my kids are wearing! I had no idea Anthony wore this to school!!”

She explained that the shirt was found in a basket of second-hand clothes that were given to her by a friend.

“Just to clarify, I would never let my kid wear something like this. A friend had given me some hand me down clothes for Anthony. I haven’t had the chance to completely go through them. I will tonight though!!’’

On the plus side, nobody at school seemed to notice the raunchy logo.

The post is accompanied by a video of her son, Anthony, explaining his error to her.

“This was one of the shirts in it and I thought it was like McDonald’s,’’ he said.

“Did the teachers stop you or anything?” Shelley asked.

“They thought it was McDonald’s too,’’ he said.

Let’s face it, being a mum is tough. Props to this one for issuing an apology and having a laugh!