THIS is the moment two women launched a racist attack on a taxi driver when he locked them in the cab after they allegedly refused to pay.

Lucy Shann and Abbie White also kicked the door and floor of the car, as their rant was captured on camera.

They hurled racist abuse at Ako Swara, calling him a "p***" and lashing out at the vehicle.

The cousins, 29 and 18 respectively, had been out in Hull city centre until about 4am, when Mr Swara picked them up.

Hull Magistrates Court heard they allegedly refused to pay the fare when he dropped them off on February 17.

Prosecuter Laura Wickens said: "They refused to pay so the taxi driver locked the doors and as a result, the two became abusive.

“They called him a p*** and accused him of kidnapping them before getting their phones out to call the police.

"The taxi took them to the police station where they were arrested.”

Footage shows White and Shann sitting in the back of the taxi calmly before Shann begins stamping on the floor of the cab.

She then gestures towards the window of the taxi and bangs on it before seemingly shouting into Mr Swara’s camera.

'KIDNAPPING FEARS'
The clips also show White trying to reason with Mr Swara before once again forcibly booting the door of the taxi.

The pair were dropped off at Osborne Street Police Station before being arrested by officers.

In an interview, they admitted causing damage but both said they feared the taxi driver was kidnapping them.

Shann admitted to using racist language but White said she could not remember what she said to Mr Swara.

Speaking after appearing in court White told Hull Live: "I don’t want to apologise because it was not my fault.

“We got in the taxi and we had £6 on us. We didn’t have enough money so when we got to my auntie’s address on Rustenburg Street I offered to stay in the taxi while my cousin [Lucy] went to run in and get some money.

“But he locked the doors and Lucy didn’t even leave the taxi. We even offered to the taxi driver to knock on my auntie’s door because we were off by £1.50.

“He locked the doors and we were scared. It was two girls and a man who we didn’t know locking the doors and driving off.”

They apologised for the names they called Mr Swara, but insisted they were scared and are adamant his reaction was wrong too.

They both pleaded guilty to racially aggravated criminal damage in what were their first criminal convictions.

The pair will return to Hull Magistrates Court for sentencing and were told to expect community orders.

Shann and White, both from Hull, were granted unconditional bail and will appear again on April 26.