A Michigan mom died from her injuries on Christmas after her bathrobe caught fire, police said.

Mary Menn, 68, dropped a lit cigarette on herself Tuesday in her Chester Township home, causing her bathrobe to ignite, news station WOOD-TV reported.

Deputies said Menn had limited mobility, so she called for her husband who attempted to put out the blaze and contacted 911.

Menn was rushed to the hospital, where she died about seven hours later.

Authorities said they are investigating the case, but the fire appears to be accidental.

A memorial service will be held for the mom of two on Saturday morning in Comstock Park.