A JOYOUS Michael O'Leary treated passengers to free drinks after his horse Tiger Roll won a historic second Grand National in a row.

The Thoroughbred horse became the first runner since Red Rum to win two Grand Nationals races on the bounce after he stormed to victory at Aintree.

And last night - in similar circumstances to last year - owner O'Leary offered everyone on board his flight home to Dublin drinks on the house.

The Ryanair boss was in a celebratory mood with winning trainer Gordon Elliot and jockey Davy Russell also on board the aircraft.

O'Leary took the intercom and told punters: "As is traditional on evenings when we win the Grand National and Cheltenham, we're having a free bar on board this flight.

"I got some criticism last year by limiting it to one drink per person so that the crew could get to the end of the aircraft but now you can have two drinks per person.

"If anyone orders a ham and cheese panini or sandwich I'm offloading you personally. You can buy your food in Dublin, on board this flight we're drinking.

"I want to congratulate Gordon Elliot who is sitting in row 6C. And Davy Russell who is sitting down at 8D."

ANOTHER NATIONAL WIN - ANOTHER FREE BAR
O'Leary previously revealed to the Irish Sun that he splashed "just over a grand" on the free bar on last year's flight.

And he laughed: “No you can not (expense it) on Ryanair. It was paid for in cash the following day.

"We won about £500,000 so I had to give one back on a Ryanair flight. It was a great atmosphere on the plane, everyone was enjoying it.

“I would say it was the happiest delayed flight ever. We try not to encourage delays in Ryanair. It was largely full of trainers and jockeys coming back from Aintree anyway. It was terrific.”

Favourite Tiger Roll produced a performance more akin to a lion as he roared home to land his second Grand National on the trot today.

Jockey Davy Russell was motionless for the entire two circuits and only had to get to work inside the final furlong to see him land the odds.

The extraordinary nine-year-old became the first horse since Red Rum to win two Grand Nationals on the bounce – and the shortest-priced winner since 1912.

Always prominent under a Davy Russell, who oozed confidence, he barely made a mistake all the way round and travelled all over eventual second Magic Of Light (66-1) as he sailed over the final two fences.

He could be called the winner from some way out, and unlike last year, stayed on stoutly to see out the trip in fine style.

Magic Of Light boxed on well to finish second, with Rathvinden (8-1) in third and Walk In The Mill (25-1) staying on for fourth.