MEGHAN Markle's dad has claimed that guests at her first wedding were given party bags with marijuana in them.

Thomas, 74, who is estranged from The Duchess of Sussex following her wedding to Prince Harry, 34, earlier this year, has insisted that he did attend her wedding to TV producer Trevor Engelson in Jamaica in 2011.

In an interview with The Daily Mail Thomas said that his daughter had "planned everything down to the tiniest detail" about the wedding.

Speaking about the drug being a feature of the party bags guests were given, he said: "It’s illegal, but it’s no big deal in Jamaica. It’s almost customary down there.

"I don’t smoke weed and to the best of my knowledge nor does Meghan. I don’t know what I did with mine.

"I think I gave it away."

Trevor and Meghan tied the knot on September 10, 2011, at the Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

The wedding was a four-day affair and pictures have since shown drinking games on the beach in the run-up to the big day.

The ceremony took place in front of 102 guests.

One guest previously said: “The ceremony was over very quickly, in about 15 minutes. Then everyone hit the dance floor. It seemed they all just wanted to party.”

Trevor began his career in the film industry as a production assistant, before working his way up the ladder.

He is now a film producer and is most famous for the 9/11 romance movie Remember Me, starring Robert Pattinson.

Alongside his producing work, he is also a manager for screenwriters, actors, novelists, and film directors in Los Angeles, California.

He is the executive producer on US TV shows Heathers and Snowfall.

The claims from Meghan's father come as reports suggest there is tension between herself at Kate Middleton.

Meghan, 37, reportedly made the Duchess of Cambridge, 36, cry after Princess Charlotte's flower girl dress fitting, with the pair also having been locked in a "ghastly row" over the treatment of staff.

And The Sun exclusively revealed simmering tensions between brothers William, 36, and Harry are at the heart of the frostiness between the two couples.

Meghan also faced some opposition from the Middleton family, who didn’t want to invite her to Pippa’s wedding last May.

And a furious Duchess of Cambridge is said to have recently slapped down Meghan after she spoke rudely to a member of Kate's staff telling her doing so was "unacceptable".

Meghan and husband Prince Harry are moving from their London pad, where they live next door to Prince William and Kate, to Frogmore Cottage ahead of the arrival of their baby in the spring of 2019.

Household staff were reportedly left astounded when she demanded air fresheners to fix the "musty" smell at St George's Chapel before her wedding, but Buckingham Palace officials said no.

And recently her assistant of just six months, Melissa Toubati, who played a "pivotal role in the success of the Royal Wedding", quit the job after "putting up with a lot".

A royal insider has since claimed the reported "tit for tat" could bring the monarchy to its knees.