THERESA May is like the knight in Monty Python who has all his limbs cut off but refuses to admit defeat, the Dutch PM has said.

Mark Rutte compared the Prime Minister to the Black Knight who shouts, "Tis but a scratch!" in the iconic 70s film.

And he also admitted he's angry with Labour and the Tory Brexiteers who refuse to back Mrs May's Brexit deal.

Mr Rutte insisted he respects the PM even as he mocked her for refusing to give up in the face of defeat.

He told Dutch media: "She reminds me occasionally of that character from Monty Python where all the arms and legs are cut off but he then tells the opponent, ‘Let’s call it a draw.’

"She’s incredible. She goes on and on. At the same time, I do not blame her, but British politics."

Mr Rutte, who is one of Britain's top allies in Europe, called on all MPs to get behind the deal.

He blasted: "They continue to play games internally. That faction within her own party, Labour - everyone is only concerned with party politics and who can win the next election.

"There is a country currently at stake. I can get very angry about it."

In Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Black Knight played by John Cleese has both arms and legs hacked off by King Arthur but continues to fight.

Mrs May is hoping to bring her deal back to the Commons this week despite losing two previous votes on it.