CHEATING would cause most couples to break up . . . but teacher David Guerrero says it has SAVED his ten-year relationship.

The 30-year-old from Tottenham, North London, has slept with 300 women while with dancer Laura Noah, 29.

After six years of monogamy, David told her if she did not agree to an open relationship he would leave.

He may have science on his side.

A study has shown men get less sexually satisfied in monogamous relationships.

Researcher Chien Liu said: “Men evolve to be more sexually promiscuous. Women find a good man and keep him.”

David says...

"I’D been with Laura for six years when I started checking out other women and was tempted to have an affair — although I didn’t.

"I think it’s down to genetics, we want to sow our wild oats.

"It was beginning to eat me up inside so I decided to be honest and tell Laura how I felt.

"One night over dinner I told her I still loved her but I wanted to have sex with other women. She burst into tears and asked, 'Am I not enough?'

"It was horrible but felt like a huge weight had been lifted. I was bored. I needed someone else to light my fire.

"Initially, I suggested an open relationship to numb the blow. Laura was shocked and upset and said she’d have to think about it.

"After two weeks, she reluctantly agreed so we discussed how it would work.

"At first, Laura wanted to be involved, so I looked online for women who were up for having sex with couples.

"I found a woman on an adult website so after talking for a few days online we went to her house but the vibe wasn’t right.

"I felt strange and awkward and Laura seemed very uncomfortable. The sex was good and Laura joined in but it was a bit strange.

"After that we tried swinging clubs but it didn’t really turn me on.

"It felt like an obligation to have sex with another couple and because it was on a plate it didn’t seem as exciting.

"I wanted more than a quick fumble in the dark, I wanted a connection with someone and for them to know how to touch me. I wanted a hot, passionate affair, not just to sleep with a random person at a sex party.

"I wanted to be with another woman — by myself.

"So I told Laura I didn’t want to go to sex parties any more, I wanted to meet people alone through Tinder, bars and adult websites.

"It was a difficult conversation, but I needed that freedom.

"Luckily, she understood and gave me a hall pass to do what I pleased as long as I followed the rule — no falling in love or growing too attached to another woman.

"The first time I went on a date without Laura was liberating but strange.

"I abided by the rules and had good sex but didn’t spend any time with her outside of the bedroom.

"It was just for one night only. Then I met a woman through Tinder and we began sleeping together.

"We met up for dinner and started planning more dates like going to the cinema. I went to her house and had great sex but I started to develop feelings, so I knew I had to stop.

"Now I manage to stop having feelings for these women because I see it as fun and I have stronger feelings for Laura.

"In the space of four years I have slept with more than 300 different women and usually see three each week.

"There are a few girls who I see regularly but if I feel they’re getting attached I’ll pull back or call it off.

"I like girls with dark hair and long legs who are in good shape. Even if I’m in a bar with Laura and I see someone attractive, it wouldn’t stop me from chatting her up.

"Jealousy used to be a bit of a problem and Laura felt left out. She would argue with me and sometimes cry.

"Now I make sure she knows exactly what I’m doing and she feels more in control of the situation. In the past, I’ve had girls send me hundreds of messages a day. I would be sat with Laura watching TV and my phone would start going crazy.

"Laura would get upset and tell me to end things with that girl but now she is used to it.

"We don’t discuss the ins and outs of my affairs, I try to shield her from all the messages.

"Sometime we have threesomes, sometimes Laura has sex with other men and I like to watch but mainly I sleep with other women. It is just sex, nothing can break our connection.

"Although our set-up is not conventional, I believe we are happier than most couples in conventional monogamous relationships.

"With us, there are no lies, no sneaking around and no betrayal. I don’t have to delve into every dirty detail with Laura out of respect but she knows my whereabouts.

"My affairs have saved our relationship because I would have grown bored and left if I didn’t have my freedom.

"It’s also made our sex life better and more vibrant.

"We now know each other more and are very protective of one another.

"It works because we respect and love one another and we know whatever we do, we are coming home to each other.