A LEADING pro-Israel Labour MP has blasted a group of “Trots, Stalinists and Communists” after losing a vote of “no confidence” by her local party.

Hard-left activists are trying to boot out Joan Ryan, who has been a strident critic of Jeremy Corbyn in the anti-Semitism row.

She has been targeted by supporters of the leader, who claim she has “smeared” his character and “has fuelled and indeed inflamed trial by media” of the veteran left-winger.

A video, filmed by the UK arm of the Iranian state TV broadcaster, showed them cheering when the result was read out at last night’s meeting in North London.

But Ms Ryan said she would not be following her former colleague Frank Field, who also lost a similar vote in his Birkenhead constituency, in resigning as a Labour MP.

And the 62-year-old, who served as a whip and a junior minister in Tony Blair’s government after she was first elected in 1997, hit out at those who are seeking to have her removed.

She tweeted: “So lost 92 to 94 votes, hardly decisive victory and it never occurred to me that Trots Stalinists Communists and assorted hard left would gave confidence in me. I have none in them.”

Ms Ryan added defiantly: “I will be out tomorrow morning working hard for the people of Enfield.”

And when asked if she would not step down, she posted saying: “Just to be clear I will not be resigning.

“I am Labour through and through and I will continue to stand up and fight for Labour values.

It was one of two such votes last night, with moderate MP Gavin Shuker losing a ballot in his Luton South constituency by a margin of 33 to 5.

But he said it was “not part of any formal procedure, so it changes nothing about my role”, and posted a series of messages to his constituents.

He said: I’m really sorry a handful of people in the Labour Party want to overturn your vote of confidence in me last year.

“Their actions say far less about me - and you - than they do about the face of today’s Labour Party. I’ve not changed, but the Labour Party has.”

But another of his parliamentary colleagues, Graham Stringer, emerged unscathed from a no confidence motion by his local constituency party in Blackley and Broughton.

He is one of a number of Labour MPs who support Brexit who are being targeted for deselection, with the backing of their Corbynite grassroots group Momentum for voting with Theresa May’s government on EU legislation.

John Mann and Kate Hoey have both been targeted, but have been defiant that they will fight any attempt to see them removed.