KEIRA Knightley said that fame, and the pressures that come with it, gave her PTSD.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter’s Awards Chatter podcast, the actress detailed how much she struggled with fame early on in her career.

“From the inside, all you’re hearing is the criticism, really,” she said. “It was still very confusing, because you’re getting all these nominations for all of these things, but press-wise, when I’m going into interviews, people are still saying, ‘Everybody thinks you’re s — t,’ or focusing on your looks, or focusing on what’s wrong with you.”

It got so bad the actress was forced to take some time off a decade ago after suffering a breakdown.

“I did have a mental breakdown at 22, so I did take a year off there and was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder because of all of that stuff,” she revealed.

The actress, who’s now 33, said she went into therapy because of the ordeal, but has learned how to deal with the stress that comes with being a movie star in the proceeding years.

“I actually did hypnotherapy so that I could stand on the red carpet at the BAFTAs and not have a panic attack,” she said.

Having acted since she was a child, Knightley broke through with her role in 2002’s Bend It Like Beckham, when she was just 17 years old. Her most recent movie, “Collette,” was released late last month.