IVANKA Trump has said she believes her father’s repeated denials of sexual misconduct.

Ms Trump, who led the US delegation at the closing ceremony for the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games in South Korea last week, made the comment in an interview aired on Monday on American commercial broadcast television network, NBC.

Asked if she believed the multiple women who have come forward and publicly accused US President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct, Ivanka Trump called it a “pretty inappropriate question to ask a daughter”.

“I believe my father, I know my father. I think I have that right as a daughter, to believe my father,” she said.

The US president has been accused of inappropriate behaviour by more than 15 women who have emerged in the media with a variety of allegations against Mr Trump, ranging from unwanted kissing and lewd behaviour to sexual assault. All the alleged incidents took place before Mr Trump became president and he has strenuously denied the allegations and even threatened to sue his accusers at one point in his election campaign.

It comes as Mr Trump has been accused of using a photograph of him with a survivor from the Parkland, Florida mass shooting to help raise money for his re-election campaign. An email sent to supporters on Saturday showed the US president and first lady at the hospital bedside of Madeleine Wilford, 17, along with members of her family, according to CNN.