CATHY Broomfield cannot look at a black suitcase without thinking of the brutal death of her daughter.

Model Kirsty Grabham, 24, died in the most horrific, sadistic way imaginable.

She was violently beaten by her own husband before her mutilated body was stuffed into a suitcase and thrown out of a car into bushes next to a motorway.

Now, her heartbroken mum Cathy, 62, from Bridgend, South Wales, is tormented every minute of the day by the thought that her beautiful daughter was still alive in that suitcase.

She said: "Her husband Paul had tried to cut her in half and then he'd shoved her body in a suitcase and thrown it from a car into the bushes like a piece of rubbish.

"When they found Kirsty 10 days after she had gone missing, her body was still warm - rigor mortis hadn't even set in.

"I go to sleep and wake up thinking, ‘Was my girl screaming for her mum?’"

Paul Grabham, 26, murdered attractive blonde Kirsty following a violent row when she returned home at 4am after a night out clubbing.

Grabham denied everything and tried to convince the jury that he had slept through a break-in which went wrong.

He told the court an intruder had murdered Kirsty, but he couldn't explain why her blood was on his clothes.

Grabham had even made a failed attempt to clean blood from his clothes and painted over blood spatters on the ceiling before reporting her missing.

He told police that she had taken money and her hair straighteners with her and a missing person’s appeal was launched.

Cathy recalled: "For 10 days we were in limbo. Paul was arrested, but I couldn’t accept that Kirsty was dead. With no body, I had to believe she would come home.

"But on the 10th day the police told us that a body of a young woman had been found by a lorry driver alongside the M4 close to Laleston, near Bridgend. I just screamed hysterically."

Cathy was taken to the morgue to identify Kirsty.

"I looked at this girl with a broken nose and jaw and bruises everywhere and swollen eye sockets and I felt genuine pity for this girl's mum,” she said.

"I was ready to leave but my daughter, Sonya, gently told me it was Kirsty.

"I felt like the wind had been knocked out of me. I couldn't take in anything anyone was saying to me.

"I leaned forward and kissed my daughter one last time on the forehead and on her right cheek. I wasn't supposed to touch her, but how could I not say goodbye?"

The police investigation was ongoing and a case against Paul Grabham was built. He eventually appeared at Swansea Crown Court.

Cathy said: "He denied everything and tried to convince the jury that he had slept through a break-in gone wrong. It was horrific, listening to the evidence."

But the jury saw through his lies and found him guilty of murder. He was jailed for a minimum of 19 years.

During the trial it emerged that the couple ran a sex-for-hire business from their home, spent £1,000 a week on cocaine and had casual sex with strangers they contacted over the internet.

Mr Justice Butterfield told Grabham that is actions had been “cold and calculated” and without remorse.

"I have watched throughout this trial for the merest flicker of remorse in your eyes and I have seen none,” he said.

"You have been convicted of murder - just one year after you promised to love and cherish your new bride, you battered and strangled her to death.

"You crammed her bleeding and still warm body into a suitcase like rubbish, hoping it would not be found for many years."

Cathy admitted: "I struggled so much to make sense of what happened. The grief was overwhelming.

“Paul Grabham had ripped the heart out of our lovely family."

Tragically, one of Cathy's other two daughters, Hayley, never managed to find a way to cope with her grief.

"My poor sensitive girl drank heavily to numb the pain,” Cathy said.

“She had given up on life and died in 2014. It is my belief that Paul Grabham killed both my girls.

“If Kirsty had lived, we would never have lost Hayley to drink and depression.

“I was in so much pain I began writing, and I've now written a book called Through a Mother's Tears.

"The main message I want to send out is that abusive relationships are so dangerous. I want women to spot the signs and leave as quickly as they can.

"Later this year I am hoping to add Hayley's ashes to Kirsty's grave so that my girls can rest in peace together.

"I have had Hayley's ashes in my dining room for four years, but now I believe I am ready to say goodbye.

“We are planning on releasing two white doves in a ceremony in honour of both my girls.

"Knowing that my beautiful girls are together is a small comfort in this cruel world."

Earlier this week we told how a mum died hours after posting a heartbreaking Facebook update following the death of her daughter, 18, and her pal in a car smash.