A GIRL snatched by a paedophile when she was three-years-old hugged policemen who saved her life as “guardian angels” during their reunion.

The victim, now 16, wept tears of joy as she saw Inspector Marcus Beresford-Smith and retired Sergeant Richard Moorhouse, 13 years after her frightful incident.

The officers found the victim who was naked and bleeding by the side of a road in sub-zero temperatures after she was thrown by monster Craig Sweeney from his moving car, reported The Mirror.

She said: “Sweeney left me naked at the side of the road to die. I still have the scars on my head and stomach.

“It was pitch black, then I remember a face standing over me – it was one of my guardian angels. I’ve wanted to meet them all my life to say thank you.

“I can’t believe that day is finally here – it’s the greatest day of my life.”

In a crime that shocked the nation, the girl was snatched from outside her home in January 2006.

Sweeney took her to a grimy hostel in Newport, South Wales where he abused her before fleeing across the Severn Bridge to England — committing further attacks on the way.

His sordid spree was eventually brought to an end when police spotted him jumping a red light.

It sparked a 100mph police chase — with cops not knowing the terrified girl was in the front seat until he launched her out the door.

Sweeney lost control of the car on the A4 near Hungerford, Berks, and was arrested, while the bleeding toddler was recovered from the side of the road.

She asked the first hero officer on the scene, PC Marcus Beresford-Smith, "Is the nasty man gone?"

Moorhouse and Beresford-Smith chased Sweeney for almost 20 miles at speeds up to 100mph, not knowing Emma was in the front seat.

Sergeant Moorhouse said: “I don’t know who was more shocked, me standing over this little vulnerable child I had no idea was going to be there, or her with me standing over her thinking what was she doing in the middle of a field in Wiltshire.”

Inspector Beresford-Smith said: “I think he was probably going to kill her, he knew what he had done to her and he was trying to dispose of her.

"I think if we hadn’t found her at that particular time it would’ve been a very different scenario and we would have eventually found her dead.

“If we had not found her she would not have been with us today.”

But both men refuse to be considered heroes and say they are just happy the victim has grown-up into such a well-balanced young woman, according to The Mirror.

Sergeant Moorhouse added: “It was a fantastic opportunity to catch up with Emma and see how she has blossomed into a fantastic young lady.

"Saving her life was a case of right time, right place as far as we’re concerned, just a police officer doing his job. We’re not heroes.

“I think she needs to live her own life now and make the most of everything she does, just live life to the full.”

Sweeney, now 38, was jailed for life with a 12-year tariff in June 2006.