A MUM is furious after her five-year-old daughter was left with a bleeding head on a Ryanair flight with no help from staff.

Victoria Prendergast has hit out at the airline after little Amelia was injured during a scrum to get onto a delayed flight.

The HR administrator, who works for the army, said the response of Ryanair staff was "appalling" as they left the young girl sat alone on the flight with a cut on her head.

The incident took place in August when Victoria, who comes from Inverness but now lives in Barnsley, was travelling to Glasgow from Gran Canaria with Amelia and her two-year-old son Alfie.

As the flight was over an hour late, when it was finally time to board there was a huge crush of people trying to get through - and Amelia's head was knocked into a bit of plastic sticking out of the wall.

Victoria, who was suffering with a broken arm at the time, was left to struggle to find her seats with her two small children in tow.

She then discovered Amelia had been given a seat separated from Victoria and little Alfie - meaning she had to be left alone with her head injury.

The mum-of-two claims her complaints to the air stewards were ignored and she had to wait an hour until the seat-belt sign went off after take off to attend to her injured daughter.

She was finally given a napkin containing some ice and a first aid kit containing only anti-septic wipes and cotton wool.

After her distressing experience with the airline, Victoria began trying to contact Ryanair to complain.

She sent over 30 emails and even travelled to the airline's headquarters in Dublin, only to be told she couldn't be seen.

She told The Sun Online: "I complained because Ryan air just weren’t acknowledging anything I sent. I never complained publicly for a refund I just wanted an apology.

"The customer service was horrendous. To not even let me sit with an injured five-year-old was an awful thing to do, then when I finally got an air hostesses attention she just walked off and never came back to help me.

"So I then had to wait until the seat-belt sign went off before I could go flag down another air hostess and when I did she just handed me ice and a napkin and a small first aid box with hardly anything in it and had to leave me because she was more bothered about serving the drinks despite their being other staff.

"The whole experience was a nightmare to be honest."

In a letter from Ryanair to Victoria, they confirm that she will not be receiving any compensation for the flight.

A Ryanair spokesperson: "Having attained detailed reports from our crew, we can confirm that this customer advised crew that her daughter had injured her head prior to boarding.

"Our crew provided the necessary assistance and this customer chose to continue with her flight.

"Our crew continued to check on the customer and her child during the flight, and had further medical assistance been required, it would have been arranged either prior to departure or upon arrival in Glasgow.
"We wrote to this customer in early October acknowledging receipt of her claim and to advise that we would be in touch once the investigation was complete.

"A member of our customer care team has now been in contact with this customer directly."