A DIABETIC bride-to be sent a final tragic text to her fiancé before dying alone in a hotel room after a row over adopting a baby.

Collette Lee, 33, died from an insulin overdose in a Travelodge after sending partner Sasha Ruan a message saying: “Thanks for breaking me.”

The bar manager, from Bolton, Manchester, was found dead in May but had been due to get hitched next year, an inquest heard.

In June, heartbroken Sasha told how Collette had been planning her dream wedding and had only two payments left on her dress for the big day.

On the night of her death, Collette had argued with Sasha over not being able to adopt - because Collette’s former partner had failed to provide a reference, the court was told.

In a statement, Sasha said: “Collette and I had been together for just under three years, and we first met at the Vanilla Bar where she was the duty manager and we travelled home on the same bus.

“I genuinely loved and cared for her (Collette) and we had plans for the future together.

“We had wanted to adopt but her ex-partner stopped our adoption by not being a reference.

“I was sadly informed that she was discovered at the Travelodge and her death had been confirmed. I was devastated.

“I didn’t believe that Collette had intended to take her own life. I loved her and we were planning a future together.”

A pathologist who examined Collette after she died in the hotel room, Dr Patrick Ward, told the court that she had died from heart failure as a result of hypoglycaemia which had been brought on by her diabetes.

He said: “I found from examination of this lady that she had high levels of fluid on her lungs and her brain was swollen.

“In Type 1 diabetes, one of the common causes is low blood sugar levels. At the scene, they found one and a half empty insulin pens – these lower blood sugar levels.

“She has used her insulin pens, and maybe not had something to eat, and her blood sugar levels have dropped.

“Her cause of death is heart failure brought on by hypoglycemia brought on by Type 1 diabetes.”

Reading a statement from her father, Stephen Lee, Coroner Simon Nelson said: “She was very sociable and had many friends. There were more than 350 people at her funeral which was a testament to how much she was loved. She was full of life.

Recording a conclusion, Mr Nelson said there was not enough evidence to say that she committed suicide.

He said: “I cannot say that Collette Lee had intended the consequences of her actions, there is no way that I can be satisfied that she intended to end her own life even to the new lower standard of proof of balance of probabilities.

“My conclusion will read that she died from hypoglycemia in circumstances where her intention remains unknown."