EUROSTAR passengers face days more chaos as the firm warned passengers not to travel to Paris.

Crowds queued for hours as four London-bound train were axed today - and another three will not run on Monday with more cancellations throughout the week.

The cross-Channel chaos has now stretched into a third week as French customs officers demanding a Brexit pay rise are "working to rule" and imposing extra checks on passengers.

Eurostar said on its website today: "We recommend not to travel unless absolutely necessary."

The company says some delays are over five hours long.

Its official Twitter account posted yesterday: "The congestions in Paris Gare Du Nord is ongoing and queues are over 5 hours long, we are still advising passengers to not travel unless absolutely necessary as there is a strong possibility we will not be able to get you home tonight."

Many disgruntled passengers took to social media to complain about long wait times.

One tweeted: "Took 4 hours to get from the start to finish of Security to catch the Paris to London Eurostar. Recommend arriving way before you are meant to if you want any chance at all of catching a train around the time you’re meant to. Absolute madness."

Another said: "I’ve been stuck in line at Gare Du Nord for three hours waiting for the Eurostar and I think I’m going to die. The French are striking as usual and I’ve already missed three trains. I am furious."

A third posted: "Leaving Paris from Gar de Nord was hell on earth today! 4 hours of queuing."

Eurostar says tickets can be changed free of charge or passengers can claim refunds.

The strikes are now in their third week and will last until March 19.

French customs officers triggered 15-mile traffic jams around Calais last week as part of industrial action to push for a Brexit pay rise.

Militant unionists want more pay and staff numbers before the UK leaves the EU.

Officials were forced to set up holding areas to deal with the weight of traffic as customs staff implement "strict and extensive" border controls - but the chaos let migrants sneak into lorries.

Eurostar has also suffered delays and cancellations as uniformed officials in Paris interrogate all passengers after they pass through X-ray machines.