A WOMAN says she reported a Brit mum to Dubai police for calling her a “horse” and her husband an “idiot” because she was subjected to an abusive year-long harassment campaign.

Laleh Sharavesh, 55, from Surrey, faces up to two years in jail after she was detained by Dubai authorities along with her daughter when they arrived in the UAE last month for her ex’s funeral.

She was married to Portuguese banker Pedro Manuel Correia Dos Santos for 18 years – including in Dubai for 8 months - before he eventually left her for Tunisian-born Samah Al Hammadi.

In a 2016 Facebook post she said “I hope you go under the ground you idiot. Damn you. You left me for this horse” prompting a complaint to Dubai police from Mrs Al Hammadi.

When she returned to the Gulf state with her 14-year-old daughter Paris she was detained under its strict cybercrime laws and faces two years in prison and a £50,000 fine.

Mrs Al Hammadi has now said she is willing to withdraw the case, Sky News reported.

That comes despite earlier revealing both she and her husband were subjected to campaign of harassment that lasted a year.

“She has been abusing him, sending emails, even to his boss in the bank, saying I am a b****, that I took him from her, that she doesn’t have money,” she told the Evening Standard.

“He sent emails asking her to stop. It did not stop.”

'SHE MADE HIM SUFFER'
She also defended the country’s laws saying: “It is a crime in Dubai. It is right. I don’t feel sorry. She made him suffer in the last year of his life. Let the law take part.”

Single mum Laleh is scheduled to appear in court on April 11 and faces up to two years in jail and a fine of £50,000.

The Brit, who works in a homeless shelter, learned that her former husband’s new wife, 42, had reported her social media posts to the police in 2016.

A shocked Laleh was detained and her passport confiscated under Dubai’s strict cyber crime laws after travelling there for her ex-husband's funeral.

She has now been banned from the leaving the UAE while Paris was allowed to return home to Richmond upon Thames, West London.

Laleh said her and Paris are facing eviction from their home after she lost her job because of her arrest.

“I have lost everything because of this. I have no money left after paying to stay in a hotel here for over a month," she said.

“I have lost my job and am unable to pay for rent on the flat I live in with Paris, because of this we are about to lose the flat.

“I am even in debt to my family for over £5,000. My life is in ruins, and that is even before the huge fines and jail I am facing here.

“All of that is less important than being separated from my daughter, and that’s all I want now, just to be back with her."

Writing in Farsi, Laleh had posted on Facebook: “I hope you go under the ground you idiot. Damn you. You left me for this horse.

“You married a horse you idiot.”

She told campaign group Detained in Dubai that she is “terrified” and has been unable to sleep or eat and has lost “two dress” sizes due to stress.

She added: “And my daughter cries herself to sleep every night.

“We are so close, especially since her father left us and we only have each other. It breaks my heart to be kept apart from her.”

Detained in Dubai's Radha Stirling told BBC Breakfast she spoke with Laleh for two hours last night and has been in "constant contact" with her family.

"She’s absolutely distraught, there were tears flowing and that’s not just from her but her daughter, her sister, her mother," he said.

"It’s just a disaster really. It’s just something that no one would really expect that if they made a Facebook post in England years ago that they would possibly face arrest in Dubai.

"The family is just in upheavals and I think it’s going to take this particular woman a long time to recover."

'I LASHED OUT'
The British mum made the comments while living in the UK when she spotted a wedding picture from her ex.

“I had no idea he was getting married again, and so soon after our own marriage broke down. I reacted badly,” she said.

“I lashed out and wrote two unpleasant comments about his new wife on his Facebook page.

“I know shouldn’t have. I should have behaved better, but I felt angry, betrayed and hurt.

"After 18 years of marriage, such a small amount of time apart, he was getting married so quickly.

“He didn’t even have enough respect for me to tell me in advance”.

Dubai’s cybercrime laws state that an old social media post from before a person visits Dubai can see them heavily fined and jailed for years.

Following Pedro’s death, aged 51, following a heart attack on March 3, Laleh and Paris flew to Dubai on the March 10 to attend the funeral.

She said: “We were married for 18 years after all. And Paris wanted to say goodbye to her father.”

They were arrested “immediately” upon entry and while the cops wanted to take the horrified mum straight to the cells in Jebel Ali they were fearful of the negative publicity of jailing Paris, Laleh says.

She said: "The police kept telling me to call someone to take my daughter while I went to Jebel Ali.

“But I don’t know anyone here well enough for that. Eventually they let us go, but kept my passport.

“I am not allowed to leave Dubai. I have been to court once, where I was not allowed to defend myself."

Laleh’s sister Laden says her sibling “was treated badly” by police in Dubai.

She said the officer who took her statement “laughed and joked” with colleagues while Laleh gave her side of the story.

Laden continued: “Finally he produced a half page statement in Arabic. When we had it translated, it bore no relation to what Laleh had said.

“For example it translated ‘horse’ as ‘b***h’. That word was actually written in English.”

Her sister Laden fears her sister could be made “homeless” after losing her job Back in the UK.

“When Laleh told them she can’t afford to stay in even a cheap hotel while she waits and is in danger of becoming homeless in Dubai," she said.

“The FCO (Foreign Office) staff just told her she should ‘find someone to borrow money from’.”