A RECKLESS driver who killed a "kind and generous" woman in an 80mph police chase has been jailed.

Brandon Daniels, 20, had already crashed, before he lost control of the Audi A3 again and ploughed into Sarah Giles' car, in a 30mph zone.

Officers on a routine patrol had spotted the £23,000 vehicle before pursuing it along Kingsland Road, in Kingstanding, Birmingham on July 29.

Birmingham Crown Court heard how Sarah Giles, 20, was sent "flying into the air", and suffered "multiple traumatic injuries".

Mr Donnelly and Mr Banks were in a coma for a number of days in hospital, but she later died.

Her mum Sharon Giles said: "It did not fully hit me until I identified her lifeless body in the mortuary.

"I felt numb and paralysed by grief. Her life was horrifically cut short.

"She is the last and first thought of my mind each day. I would give anything to change places with her. My appetite has gone."

Sentencing Judge Roderick Henderson said: "She was intelligent, kind and generous. We have heard the most heartbreaking statements.

"She was out with her boyfriend - he was completely blameless. Nothing I say or do can put the clocks back."

The black Audi had already crashed once before it lost control again and struck the car containing Miss Giles, her boyfriend Connor Donnelly and pal Dalton Banks.

Dad John added:" Sarah Giles was no normal 20-year-old. She was utterly selfless and more delightful than can be described in words.

"Sarah had been a force for all things good in the world. She did not have a bad bone in her body. She had started to thrive."

Daniels, who also had no driving licence, was arrested at the scene after being chased by residents while police tended to the injured.

When officers seized his phone they found video clips on him driving dangerously at 140mph while pals laughed in the background.

Today he was jailed for six years and six months and banned from driving for nine years and three months.

He previously admitted causing death by dangerous driving and two counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Matthew Brook, defending, said: "He is an immature 20 year old and does have a few difficulties.

"His most important part of his mitigation is his guilty plea and the remorse that he has shown."