DoNotspy10 3.0.0.0 is a new version of the privacy software for Windows 10 that has been released today with support for the Fall Creators Update.

Note: The developer website and/or DoNotSpy10 may be flagged or blocked by security software. The reason for that is the use of potentially unwanted software in the installer. It goes by the name FusionCore or InstallCore. If you want a privacy tool for the Fall Creators Update that is adware free, try O&O ShutUp 10 which was released yesterday, or check out our list of privacy tools for Windows 10 here.

I reviewed DoNotSpy 10 back in 2015 when it was released for the initial version of Windows 10, and the sister tool DoNotSpy 7/8 for previous versions of Windows.

DoNotSpy10 3.0

The program needs to be installed on the computer system, and this is when the potentially unwanted offers may appear. I did not see any, but I did block the program's ability to connect to the Internet so that may be the reason why. Note that this needs more confirmation though as there are other potential reasons why I did not get any offers during installation.

The program interface has not changed all that much since the initial release in 2015. You find the following new tweaks added to the application:

Apps: Disable Push to Install
Windows Defender: Enable Network Protection Guard
Privacy: Disable Network Traffic Pre-User Sign-In
Search: Disable Cloud Search
Search: Disable and Reset Cortana
Updates: Disable Automatic Speech Model Updates

Most of these tweaks can only be applied to the Fall Creators version of the Windows 10 operating system.

The application color codes tweaks to indicate how safe it is to apply these to a machine running Windows 10. Blue means it is usually safe to do, orange and red that you should read the description and understand the impact of making the change, and gray is only used on consecutive sessions as it indicates changes that have been made since the last use of the program.

DoNotSpy10 displays a prompt to create a System Restore point whenever you hit the apply button. It is recommended that you do so, as you may restore the previous state of the system using the Restore points if things don't work out as intended.

Closing Words

The integration of potentially unwanted software offers in the installer blocks the program from reaching a larger audience. Malwarebytes blocked the developers domain for instance, and it also blocked the installer from running by default.