A DISABLED mum was trapped in her living room for two hours after an Asda delivery driver dumped crates full of shopping in her hallway.

Anna O'Mara, from Wolverhampton, who cannot walk without the help of a zimmer frame, was even blocked from using her toilet.

She ordered £80 worth of goods to be delivered between 12 and 1pm on September 6 to her ground-floor flat.

When she begged the driver to help her unpack, because she could "hardly move", he insisted it was not his "job to unpack".

Anna told Birmingham Mail: "I had one delivery from Asda which was great, the driver brought my shopping in and even put it away for me.

"But the second time was horrendous and degrading."

Anna said he just dumped the crates in the hall and left, leaving her trapped in her own living room.

She said she had to call her daughter and ex-husband, who live in Birmingham, to help her because she couldn't move them out of the way.

In the last few months, Anna has gone from "working full-time, being totally independent and able-bodied to not working and having to rely on others for help".

She wants Asda to be aware of the incident so they can't treat other people in the same way.

Asda issued a "full apology" to Anna and offered her a hamper of products as a "gesture of goodwill".

An Asda spokesman said: "We always strive to offer great customer service, but on this occasion we clearly got it wrong and have offered our full apologies to Ms O'Hara.

"We are glad she has accepted a gesture of goodwill, which we hope can help restore her faith in us."