DEMI Lovato's mother has revealed how the singer was "close to death" in the days following her drug overdose.

Speaking of her daughter's ordeal, Dianna De La Garza told Newsmax TV: "We just didn't know for two days if she was going to make it or not.

"I was very concerned, and I was trying to be strong for her and for her sisters and for my family back home."

Heartbroken Dianna went on to cite "the millions of prayers that went up that day" as the reason Demi is still alive.

She added: "We ran into the emergency room to be by her side, and she just didn't look good, at all. She was in bad shape, but I said to her, "Demi, I'm here. I love you."

After being hospitalised in July, the singer took to Instagram to break her silence about her horrific ordeal saying her "addiction is something I must continue to overcome" and that she "will keep fighting."

Demi remained in the Los Angeles hospital for two weeks as she recovered.

Soon after, the 26-year-old cancelled the remainder of her tour and entered a rehab facility.

It was recently reported that Demi's house has been "targeted by robbers" while she battles her demons in the rehab facility.

TMZ report Los Angeles police officers uncovered “electronic communication” that suggested a group of criminals, who’d been arrested on an unrelated charge, suggested they were “planning a raid”.

TMZ went on to claim that the LAPD have “added extra patrols” around the neighbourhood to keep an eye out for any possible criminal activity.