A DAD-of-two faces having to tear down his daughters' beloved playhouse after a 'lowlife' neighbour told the council it was blighting the street.

Brendan Burke, 27, hit out at the busybody after council bureaucrats in Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, forced him to apply for planning permission for the colourful hangout.

The playhouse was gifted to Brendan's daughters Tilly-May, six, and Amelia Rose, four, by their uncle last month - and has since become a hit with local kids.

The family now have 28 days to make their case before North Lanarkshire council demand that it is taken down.

Furious Brendan has already collected 1,000 signatures on a petition in support of the playhouse.

He blasted: "The playhouse was bought from Costco. It's all fixed with pins so it isn't going to fall or anything like that.

It's in my front garden because my back garden has slopes all over it.

"I contacted the council to see what was going on as it is not blocking anyone else, it only blocks my windows which I do not mind."

"Six kids normally play on it, my two and the rest from the neighbourhood.

"It's much safer, there's a park about 400 yards from my house and its covered in glass, needles and dog dirt.

"I really don't get this, it's not like my kids play on it for the whole night, they are in their bed for 7pm every night.

"My kids just play on it when they finish school. I don't know who made the complaint but I think it's just a lowlife, jealous person.

"I still haven't got an answer as to why I should have it removed.

"I'm not taking it down unless they want to go to court with it. I just think the way the council is treating this is shocking.

"I think they have stooped lower than the individual who originally made the complaint."