A WOMAN whose dad sexually abused and raped her from an early age is dreading when the man she described as her “childhood monster” is released from prison.

The mum-of-one, in her 30s, fears the pervert will return to his family home on the northside of Cork city when he is released on Tuesday.

And to make matters worse, the house is currently occupied by one of his prison pals, who is also a convicted sex offender.

The woman’s father pleaded guilty in March 2012 to four counts of raping and seven counts of sexually abusing the child between March 1993 and December 1998.

He received a 12-year sentence and will be released from prison tomorrow although under an order imposed by Mr Justice Paul Carney in the court he has to undergo 18 months post-release supervision by the Probation Service.

Now his victim, who lives a short distance from his mother’s home, which she has willed to him, fears that he will return there to live.

The elderly woman is suffering from dementia and is now under the long-term care of the HSE.

However the keys of the house were handed over by a social worker to a man in his 20s who was convicted of viciously physically and sexually assaulting a woman in Cork.

He also has a conviction for sexual exploitation of a 12-year-old child on the internet. During his trial he was described in court as being “a significant threat to women”.

The house has been attacked by vigilantes and windows have been smashed.

Just last week there was an attempt to set it on fire, an incident which was not reported to gardai by the occupant.

The rape victim believes her vile dad has helped in getting the convicted sex offender living there – as an exercise to see if there is any local opposition to sex offenders living in the house.

The mum said yesterday: “I wake up every morning with a sense of dread knowing he will be out of prison having served his sentence.

“He took my childhood from me and raped me almost every day.

“If he returns to the house, the chances of meeting him on the street or seeing him in the shops are more than likely.

“I have managed to get on with my life but I will never forgive him for what he did to me.

In her victim impact statement to the court at the time, she said she lived “a tortured life” and “I was raped almost every single day. He was my childhood monster”.

“He even named one of the chairs in the sitting room the magic chair and when he suggested ‘let’s go to the magic chair’, I knew I was going to be sexually abused. This happened almost every morning.”

The vile dad began assaulting his daughter when she was just eight years old.

He threatened that, if she told anyone, her brothers – whom she loves dearly – would be taken away.

When she was 13 her mother found out that he was abusing and raping the child and threw him out of the family home.

The now 51-year-old would bring his daughter on trips in his van where she would be abused.

“I used to dread when we were alone or when he took me in the van because I knew what was going to happen.

“He even named one of the chairs in the sitting room the magic chair and when he suggested ‘let’s go to the magic chair’, I knew I was going to be sexually abused. This happened almost every morning.”

The woman said: “I felt horrible, confused and ashamed and I suffered from depression. I struggled with relationships and I was suicidal.”

When confronted, the pervert dad admitted: “I raped her, simple as”.

He has served six and a half years of the 12-year sentence imposed in March 2012.

Cork City Councillor Ted Tynan, of the Workers’ Party, said: “The house has been attacked several times, the most recent one just a few days ago when there was an attempt to burn the front door.

“I have spoken to people in the area and they just don’t want convicted child sex offenders living in their midst.

“They are fearful for their children and many now won’t let their kids walk home alone from nearby schools.

“This young woman’s father is being released next week and people don’t want him or his friend living in the house.

“Some of the neighbours are also fearful that their houses might be attacked by mistake and that is one of the problems with vigilantism.

“The local man who raped his daughter was respected locally until people found out what he was doing behind the closed doors of his home.

“They were shocked and stunned and they certainly don’t want him or his friend living in their area.

“The message is clear. Find somewhere to live, you are not welcome here”.