BILLY Connolly has admitted he tried cannabis to treat his Parkinson’s disease — but says he only ended up getting stoned.

The Big Yin used marijuana in a bid to help manage the effects of the incurable disorder, which leaves him shaking and struggling to move.

Billy, 76, said: “I just got bomb happy. Just stoned. It was quite pleasant, but I don’t want to do that every day.

“I was never very good with marijuana, I always got too stoned and it always lasted too long. I stopped all that about 30 years ago.”

Billy, who revealed he was suffering from Parkinson’s five years ago, was talking ahead of the start of his new ITV show, Billy Connolly’s Ultimate World Tour.

Speaking to the Radio Times, the funnyman also took a swipe at Michael Parkinson, 83, who said he’d had a “sad and awkward” meeting with Billy during which his brain had seemed “dulled” and he wasn’t sure if he recognised him or not.

Despite enraging Billy, the veteran interviewer hasn’t been in touch to say sorry.

He said: “These Yorkshiremen, I don’t think they apologise much. I wasn’t disappointed, it just made my life a bit difficult. People feeling sorry for me, I don’t like that.

They read about me in the papers and think, ‘Oh, he’s not well.’ They’re right, but I’m not as bad as they think I am.”

“He should get on with selling funerals and leave me alone.”