THIS is the horrifying moment a teenage girl desperately screams for help as she runs into a shopping arcade after a suspected acid attack on a London bus.

According to The Sun, horrified witnesses told how she hurtled in and collapsed on a Brixton shop floor crying out: “Help me, I’m burning.”

The shocking footage shows the 18 year old trying to wash out her mouth moments after the suspected attack as concerned shoppers look on.

Newsagent Mohammed Raffiq said: “She was screaming and clearly in a lot of pain. She grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and was squirting it into her mouth and on to her face.”

“She said: ‘Someone gave me acid! Someone put it in my mouth! It’s in my mouth!”

Mr Raffiq said he gave the girl five more bottles of water before she went into a nearby shop to wash herself down.

Another shop owner said the teen was asking for scissors to cut her hair, and told a hairdresser in the nearby arcade she had been sprayed in the mouth.

One witness claimed the victim was caught up in the middle of a gang fight — but the Met Police confirmed they were searching for one male after the “targeted” assault.

The victim was attacked as she travelled along Brixton’s main shopping street at around 1.45pm yesterday.

Witnesses spoke of their shock at the horrific attack.

Becky Reid wrote on Twitter: “Feel physically sick after walking past a poor innocent person getting hosed down by firefighters after being caught in the middle of an acid fight in Brixton.

“So scary that this can happen on our doorstep. Hope they are okay.”

While another woman said she was “close to tears” after watching the young victim being “doused in water”.

A spokesman for the Met said the woman had been taken to hospital and that her condition was not life-threatening.

He added: “Inquiries continue to trace the single male suspect involved. This incident appears to be targeted and not a random attack.

“At this stage, this attack is being treated as GBH.”

The assault comes as the country reels from 11 gun, knife and acid attacks over the Bank Holiday weekend.